Ultralink Experience? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ultralink Experience?

Stereomaniac
09-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the UltraLink Challenger series speaker cable? I am looking for a high quality, 14 gauge speaker cable that won't break the bank for a stereo set up for my Kyocera reciever and PhaseTech Euro series speakers (now considered vintage I am told, my how time flies) I am not finding much of a selection and I don't want to spend $8-10 (or more) per foot for speaker cable. My set up isn't worth it I don' think.

Resident Loser
09-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the UltraLink Challenger series speaker cable?

My set up isn't worth it I don' think.

...the first: No, I don't...

As to the second: It has been said by some of the most rabid after-market wire exponents, that only SOTA rigs will benefit from wiring "upgrades"...soooo...

Maybe some simple OFC zip is a smarter alternative or even a DIY recipe if you are an inveterate tinkerer...

jimHJJ(...Home Depot power cords got some rave reviews not too long ago...)

Stereomaniac
09-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Probably true. It's not that my stuff is junk, but it's not a $10,000+ system either. This Ultralink is 14 guage OFC and appears to be OK, but looking at a hunk of wire doesn't tell you much. I guess I just wanted to know if the stuff was going to turn green in 6 months etc.

I read the Home Depot extension cord article as well and thought it was interesting. Orange doesn't really go with my living room though.:hand:

Mtbrider
09-07-2006, 02:57 PM
This is some well-respected cable that might give you what you're looking for:

http://audioc.com/accessories1/dhlabs/t14.htm

If you scroll down, you'll see that it's only $3.69/ft. in bulk.