HSU VTF2 Subwoofer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HSU VTF2 Subwoofer

HT BUFF
02-04-2004, 11:34 AM
I own this subwoofer and have it directly plugged into the wall outlet,should I get a surge protector and use it instead?
If I do buy a surge protector how many joule should it be and is ratshack the place to get it?
Also would anyone recommend upgrading the AC power cable for the subwoofer,
www.signalcable.com sells one for subwoofers at a cost of $59 which claims to do "MAGIC", or is that just a bunch of BS?
To me a connection is a connection(either the cigar is lit or it is not,there is no in between)

HT BUFF
02-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Thank you very much for the help

meyer
02-04-2004, 01:26 PM
As an electrician I think you would be wasting your money to buy the power cord. Since your house is only wired with 14 gauge wire your not going to get any "magic" from suddenly switching to 10 gauge. The power cord that came with the sub is fine. If you as me the weakest point in your power circuit would be your wall receptacle. Almost all residental receptacles only make contact on one side of each blade on your cord end. If the receptacle is old and loose than your plug connection may not be as good as it could be. However hospital grade receptacles (indicated by a green dot on the front) make contact on 3 sides of each blade. But thats why they are $10 and not $0.59. Sorry I kinda wandered off topic. As for the surge suppressor It shouldn't hurt. If you want post on www.hsuresearch.com and ask what they recommend.

Worf101
02-05-2004, 07:22 AM
I own both the VTF-2 and the VTF-3. The power cord provided is fine, could be a little longer, but is fine. You may need a ground lift thingy to deal with any ground loop problem but other than that your system should be fine.

Da Worfster