WOXY no more... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : WOXY no more...

audiobill
09-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I just tuned in to one of my favourite internet radio stations only to find out that September 15th will be the day the music died on Woxy.com.

I know that there are many of us, here, who enjoy their programming and "futrure of Rock'n'Roll" mission:

"Sometimes no matter how hard you try and how special the thing you do, it simply isn’t enough to beat the odds. It’s the cold reality of business that not even we could escape. When September 15th comes, we’ll meet it proudly with heads held high and celebrate the past two years of woxy.com and the spirit of 97X. For those lucky enough to have been part of it, The Future of Rock and Roll will forever be in our minds and hearts.

So enjoy these last two weeks with us. Shall we rock?

Eternally yours,
Bryan Jay, Mike, Shiv and Barb"

FYI.,

Bill

Swish
09-16-2006, 03:47 PM
...were an FM station in Southern Ohio, then made the move to the net. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I was the one who introduced them to you Bill, but perhaps not. I do recall putting the link to their website on here a long time ago, but who knows? I have to admit that I had not listened to them in a long time, especially since I have Sirius and tons of CDs, but my wife does. She's going to miss them.

I just did a search and found my post from about 3 years ago regarding this station. How time flies when you're having fun. http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=732&highlight=WOXY

Swish

audiobill
09-16-2006, 08:24 PM
...were an FM station in Southern Ohio, then made the move to the net. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I was the one who introduced them to you Bill, but perhaps not. I do recall putting the link to their website on here a long time ago, but who knows? I have to admit that I had not listened to them in a long time, especially since I have Sirius and tons of CDs, but my wife does. She's going to miss them.

I just did a search and found my post from about 3 years ago regarding this station. How time flies when you're having fun. http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=732&highlight=WOXY

Swish

It was you buddy. Thanks. Too bad that they can't make a go of it. I'm going to miss this station. I guess satellite is where the future is.

Swish
09-17-2006, 04:07 AM
It was you buddy. Thanks. Too bad that they can't make a go of it. I'm going to miss this station. I guess satellite is where the future is.

...I just remembered them from my numerous trips to Cincinnati. Rental cars outfitted with FM radios bore me, but I was always able to pull in WOXY. I remember them going off the air but my daughter, not knowing that I used to hear them on FM, told me about "this great station on the net", and it cracked me up. I figured they were dead and buried when they left FM.

As for satellite, I think you may be correct. My new car came outfitted with Sirius, and I like the fact that I can connect on my PC as well.

Swish