Dentist Visit [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dentist Visit

Bernd
09-06-2006, 06:11 AM
48 hours to go and I have my 6 monthly check up. Boy, my palms are sweating already. I hate the dentist. Had a really bad experience some years back and it still affects me today.
Maybe I should cancel the appointment.:nonod:
And if I do that toothache will surely start. Damn.

Anybody else is not too keen on visiting the tooth doctor?

Peace

Bernd:7:

JohnMichael
09-06-2006, 06:51 AM
I am such a phobic when it comes to a dentist. A friend was talking about what she needed to have done and I began to perspire just hearing about it. Nothing scares me like the thought of visiting a dentist. I would be more calm riding in a crashing plane. If they would put me out completely I would be okay. This goes for the dental cleaning and exams. I have never had a bad experience but this phobia has developed as I have aged. Of course I am also afraid of the bill.

Bernd now I am nervous and sweating.

ForeverAutumn
09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
I never understood the phobia of dentists and I've had lots of painful work done to my teeth over the years. I might be afraid of the pain, but I don't fear going to the dentist. In fact, I have my teeth cleaned every four months.

But then again, I'm the girl who breaks out into a cold sweat and has an anxiety attack if I even think that I might have seen a spider out of the corner of my eye. So you won't find me criticizing your fears.

Bernd, even though your appointment might be unpleasant, don't cancel it. Ignoring your teeth will only make things worse and lead to even worse experiences in the long run. If you're really having trouble with this, you may want to consider taking a mild tranquilizer before you go. I used to have a fear of flying and taking a tranquilizer before I had to go to the airport really helped.

GMichael
09-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I hate going to the dentist too. That ultrasonic thingy that they do is like nails on a chalkboard to me. But it's in my mouth so it's 20 times worse. But don't cancel. It just gets worse, not better. Try to think of something else for the next couple of days. And don't break the arms off the chair while you're there.

Hey Autumn, is that a spider in your hair?

Bernd
09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks Guys.
It isn't so much a phobia, more like the fear of the unknown. Is it going to be a bad one or an ok visit. The last few times was no problem.
I will try and keep arm rests in good working order when I am in the chair. I think I will indulge in calm inducing potions after the visit.:ihih:

Peace

Bernd:16:

likeitloud
09-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Going to the dentist for me is not fun by any means, but its just one of those hygine
and health issues we can't get around, along with the yearly phys. As long as the
needle stays put, I'm ok. Lucky for me I have'nt had any work done for awhile, and
like FA, I get a cleaning every 4 months. Keep the appointment, You'll be glad you
did.

ForeverAutumn
09-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey Autumn, is that a spider in your hair?

Get it out!

GET IT OUT!!!!!!!!!

GMichael
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Get it out!

GET IT OUT!!!!!!!!!

Hold still. Your moving around too much.

Bernd
09-08-2006, 05:13 AM
Yipeeeeehhhhh! :)

Nothing needed doing. Tooth doctor said everything looks how it should be. Then spent a pleasant 20 min with a very nice Hygienist.:ihih: Teeth are sparkling.

Peace

ForeverAutumn
09-08-2006, 05:45 AM

Nothing needed doing. Tooth doctor said everything looks how it should be. Then spent a pleasant 20 min with a very nice Hygienist.:ihih: Teeth are sparkling.

Peace

Congratulations Bernd. Now remember to floss every day and all of your check-ups should be that way. :biggrin5:

Bernd
09-08-2006, 06:02 AM
Congratulations Bernd. Now remember to floss every day and all of your check-ups should be that way. :biggrin5:

Yes Mum!:cornut:

GMichael
09-08-2006, 06:56 AM

Peace

Attaway Bernd. Good job on those toofers.

jrhymeammo
09-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Way to go Bezzy.
I LOVE going to the dentist. I just cant get enough of that scene that leaks all over the complex. As long as female hygenists do not take their masks off, they all look extremly hot for me. Also, I get the feeling of being tied down to the chair which pumps up my adrenaline. It's very thrilling for me to trust semi-strangers with potentially lethal instruments. My next love is when they are cleaning my teeth. I guess I love that part because it is always followed by that metal suction tube. That damn thing always makes me giggle like a kid at a candy store. If I had that equipment, I'll be sucking on to it all day with a huge jug of water.
I'm not trying to freak anyone out with my post here, it's just that I really enjoy my visits.
My last reason why I love dentist is that, when they are grinding on my teeth, I REALLY wish they would apply much more pressure. That process basically massages my area from neck and up. Now when grinding really hurts my tooth, I really have to embrace my pain. After 5+ minutes of that torture, endorphin is being spread all over my body. How could anyone not love the endorphin rush? It's even better when they prescribe me with heavy pain killers. Talk about doubling your pleasure.
Also when I got my wisdom tooth taking out 12 years ago, I was put under the influence of gas. I kinda remeber trying to fight as much as I can, and trying to walk out once I regained my consciousness. I thought that was REALLY fun, and on the way home I could stop laughing at my moms face. She didnt think it was funny, but boy I was having a great time.

Well, I think I'll brush and flose my teeth now. Good night.\
-JRA