Problems with digital volume knob slipping?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with digital volume knob slipping??

Gary3072
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I have an Onkyo Integra DTR-6 a/v receiver that is a little over 3 years old now.....I am recently experiencing problems with the digital volume knob where it "slips", or when I turn it up, the volume either goes down or doesnt increase much at all. Same thing if I turn it down...the volume sometimes increases instead.

Is this something that can be fixed with contact spray or cleaning, or does the unit require professional service/repair ?

Any help would be very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks!

likeitloud
09-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I have an Onkyo Integra DTR-6 a/v receiver that is a little over 3 years old now.....I am recently experiencing problems with the digital volume knob where it "slips", or when I turn it up, the volume either goes down or doesnt increase much at all. Same thing if I turn it down...the volume sometimes increases instead.

Is this something that can be fixed with contact spray or cleaning, or does the unit require professional service/repair ?

Any help would be very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Before sending it back, you can take the top cover off and look behind the knob at
the stem and see if its binding, I took the cover off mine to clean it, and there is a
set screw that holds the knob on the post. If not, send it in. O' yea, make SURE
it's unplugged. Later