RIP Crocodile Hunter aka Steve Irwin... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RIP Crocodile Hunter aka Steve Irwin...

audiobill
09-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Steve Irwin aka the Crocodile Hunter passed away today. He was filming a special on Ocean Creatures when a Stingray's barb punctured his chest & tore into his heart.

This guy was awesome!! My kids grew up on him & his overzealous ways.

Rest in peace, Steve.

unleasHell
09-04-2006, 01:06 PM
SAD... he should have stuck with croc's...

ForeverAutumn
09-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't know how many times Hubby and I watched his show and said "that guys gonna die from a snakebite". Well, it wasn't a snakebite, but it might as well have been.

At least he died doing what he loves.

An animal lover and a great conservationist, I hope that his legacy lives on.

kexodusc
09-05-2006, 04:19 AM
My wife is in Sydney right now and tells me this would be akin to Wayne Gretzky dying in Canada or Mohammed Ali dying in America - he is a national icon to Australia that appealed to all ages and types of people there, and a was a huge philanthropist.

The tragedy is the young family he leaves behind - 2 kids I believe. The whole world just lost another good one.

Bernd
09-05-2006, 07:08 AM
My wife is in Sydney right now and tells me this would be akin to Wayne Gretzky dying in Canada or Mohammed Ali dying in America - he is a national icon to Australia that appealed to all ages and types of people there, and a was a huge philanthropist.

The tragedy is the young family he leaves behind - 2 kids I believe. The whole world just lost another good one.

Couldn't agree more. I was fortunate enough to have met Steve (my great uncle was chief vet at Berlin Zoo and knew about Steve long before TV got hold of him).
When traveling through Oz I stopped by at the Zoo and he made me feel very welcome.
He'll be missed, a truly inspirational human. R.I.P.

Peace

Bernd:17:

3-LockBox
09-05-2006, 07:54 AM
What a life that guy had...He had such a boundless wonder and respect for wildlife. I've never seen anyone with that much passion, that much enthusiasm, and it wasn't fake exuberance for the TV crowd; he really was the guy he portrayed on the TV shows. But you couldn't watch his show without wondering when his luck was going to run out. At least it was quick. I know that's a trite statement, but considering how bad it coulda been with a crocadile or a snake, this was a pretty peaceful death in the context of Irwin's hazardous career.