Great New Band [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Great New Band

unleasHell
09-03-2006, 09:29 PM
see, now how could you NOT look? (lol)

keep your shirt on, I'm not selling anything..

through my ebay searches a stumbled onto a dallas band named:

BLACK TIE DYNASTY

you can check them out on AMG and hear some little 25 second sound bites which were good enough to convince me to buy TWO of their CD's

I don't have the CD's yet and can certainly give a better review in a week or so, but I wanted to post a heads up to people like Jim C. that will certainly be interested in a band such as they. You can find their Cd's very cheap on both ebay and Amazon, not sure why they are not more popular with the Editor/Interpol/franz-type fans(?)

here is a write up, I found on them, that sounded pretty cool and oh yeah they are on MySpace too (which lists their tour dates...)

QUOTE: "One review reads 'Any self-respecting child of the uber-days of new wave, the early 1980s, with its look-into-the-mirror-darkly synth and high drama dance tendencies, will immediately recognize the pitched personas that these Dallas lads inhabit like a second skin. Although some mistaken reviewers continue to lump them in the generic bin of Depeche Mode and the Cure for reasons unknown to me, they are a much better fit in the vinyl echoes of Ultravox and the Church, among others. The drums are subtly syncopated, precise yet not too stiffly preserved sounding, the vocals ebb and flow with dynamic tropes that Morrissey would admit to liking a helluva lot more than copycats inflexions Smoking Popes, the guitar whirls and writhes in sinewy U2 bent and fragile landscapes, and the song Tender is destined to be a big step towards a devoted following of boys with a tad bit of eyeliner make-up and girls with a tongue ready for metro sexual myopic men. Like Icelands endless days and nights, the chill is omnipresent, and the song titles brevity and directness are akin to titles for black and white photography: Midnight Sun, Antarctica, even Lakes. Each serves as a repository for both a wink at the past, when new romanticism and Goth and post-punk fishtailed into each other in pleasant dreams, and each also provides an amalgam of sounds that are both familiar and fleeting, as they should be. -'.

Bernd
09-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Well I took a chance and bought their album "Movement".
I like it.
Sounds like, to me anyway, a mix of Joy Division and Echo and the Bunnymen underpinned with U2 like guitar noises.

Peace

Bernd:7: