Hd-football ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hd-football ?

s dog
09-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Last night i watched the ND vs GT game and i thought it looked just great on my 57'' toshiba tv, but today im watching the MEM vs MISS and it dont seem to look as good, I wander why this is.

eisforelectronic
09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
older on non-hd cameras and or production. different compression schemes, crappy broadcast.

topspeed
09-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah, "HD" seems to be pretty nebulous these days. I think if they broadcast in anything over 480p, they consider it "HD." Haven't you noticed how much better HD content on Discovery or HDNet is compared to just about everything else? The 'SC game on ESPNHD wasn't much better. It was OK, but it was still grainy compared to Bikini Destinations on HDNet.

Not that I was switching back and forth or anything...

s dog
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah, "HD" seems to be pretty nebulous these days. I think if they broadcast in anything over 480p, they consider it "HD." Haven't you noticed how much better HD content on Discovery or HDNet is compared to just about everything else? The 'SC game on ESPNHD wasn't much better. It was OK, but it was still grainy compared to Bikini Destinations on HDNet.

Not that I was switching back and forth or anything...
You are right, hd-net looks so much better than all most everything i have seen.