elitest jerks [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : elitest jerks

amiasucker
09-03-2006, 11:58 AM
several days ago i posted a thread about a 5.1 system i purchased. i kept returning to the forums for responses...thread gone. finally, buried amid spam i find an email from paul_pci that implies that i'm spamming the boards. well yes, i got ripped-off on the divinci system---whatever. all i was doing was trying to get some info, but i guess the forums at audioreview are for the elite only. god forbid some idiot consumer get help on these hallowed boards. thank you, now you can all go back to babbling on about the subtle nuances of timbre.

Mr Peabody
09-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience. If you hang around here some more you will see that this board moves pretty slow. It may also be that no one had experience with your type of system. Please, this board is anything but elitest. Some members have their clicks but all usually try to help if they can. The majority of the members are also into home theater more so than stereo. You have missed the mark with your judgement of this board.

likeitloud
09-03-2006, 04:01 PM
several days ago i posted a thread about a 5.1 system i purchased. i kept returning to the forums for responses...thread gone. finally, buried amid spam i find an email from paul_pci that implies that i'm spamming the boards. well yes, i got ripped-off on the divinci system---whatever. all i was doing was trying to get some info, but i guess the forums at audioreview are for the elite only. god forbid some idiot consumer get help on these hallowed boards. thank you, now you can all go back to babbling on about the subtle nuances of timbre.

What he said.

drseid
09-04-2006, 01:53 AM

I am afraid with *that* attitude, you are creating a self fulfilling prophecy. The folks around here are hardly "elitest jerks" as you so rudely put it. I think to the contary, you will find this board is open to newbies more than most.

If I recall, your first post was a poll about some white van speakers. I am sorry you got taken in by those guys, but what is a poll going to do about it? Did you really want to read a 100% response that said the speakers were "junk"? Now you are trying to insult all the posters here with your second post because the board made an assumption most reasonable people would make? I suggest you work on your web etiquette -- this is not meant to be elitest, its rather common sense. After all, the posters here are not paid to respond to you... Why should anyone give you the time of day with an attitude like yours?

Good day,

---Dave

basite
09-04-2006, 07:26 AM
as for the 'elite thing', this board is definatly not only for elitest, cuz i'm 16, have practically no money exept the money i get for birthdays, xmas, newyear,... which is a normal guy's monlthly loan, but i only get that on a year, i had alot of topics here and tried to answer alot of questions of other people, and i'm shure that some people here have even less than me. so this forum is DEFINATELY NOT and elite forum.

JohnMichael
09-04-2006, 07:55 AM

Your post stated that you paid over $3,000 for the system. You also stated that you could not find any information about Divinci Systems. Helpful members Google Divinci Systems and find them available for much less and there is even a site warning buyers about the system. It is hard to believe you bought a system for $3,000 you could not find info about when info was readily available. Your post did not seem credible.

hermanv
09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
There are those who shoot from the hip
and there are those who shoot from the lip
there are some who know not whereof they speak
and there are some whom of knowledge reek

What the h*ll did you expect? A pipeline to god?
H*ll, they even let me post.

cochise29
09-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Im new to this post , but the name alone should have clued you. Davinci? who in the h e double hockey sticks, would buy a system made by Davinci? the guys been dead for centuries, besides wasnt he a painter?

N. Abstentia
09-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Eliteist snobs? Phhhhththhhthhhttt. That's crap.

I would reply further but I must go polish my silver plated gold bonded oxygen impregnated 110% virgin Egyptian copper double locking vaccuum sealed interconnect cables. I paid $750 per inch for them and don't want them to tarnish.

KaiWinters
09-04-2006, 11:12 AM
If I know nothing about a subject I say nothing. I do not waste my time or any one elses by replying with a "I know nothing about this or that".
I am also not going to spend/waste my time "googling" for info on something when the person with the question should be doing so.
It is also summer time and ALL forums of all types typically slow down because most people are outside enjoying the nice weather.
We are not all elitists and with the attitude you replied with I would not bother wasting my time trying to help you out if I was so inclined.

And to answer your "tag"...yes you are, and a bit arrogant as well.

jrhymeammo
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm not quite understanding here.........as usual. Did he get a new moniker? He stated that about this previous post, but this looks like his very first one.
Maybe I should get a new name and start fresh.

Also, I'm probably more broke than our new young buddy basite.

markw
09-04-2006, 12:21 PM
several days ago i posted a thread about a 5.1 system i purchased. i kept returning to the forums for responses...thread gone. finally, buried amid spam i find an email from paul_pci that implies that i'm spamming the boards. well yes, i got ripped-off on the divinci system---whatever. all i was doing was trying to get some info, but i guess the forums at audioreview are for the elite only. god forbid some idiot consumer get help on these hallowed boards. thank you, now you can all go back to babbling on about the subtle nuances of timbre.I made two posts. The first asking you for a third option "Never heard of 'em"

Then, I did a little investigation (< one minute search ) on ebay and found a divinci D-6 that sold for $130. Not a difficult or unheard of task when 3K is at stake, at least for my 3k.

http://electronics.search.ebay.com/divinci_Home-Audio_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypage ZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfclZ3QQfgtpZQQfposZQ5AIPQ2fP ostalQQfromZR2QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftrtZ1QQf trvZ1QQlopgZQQsacatZ14969QQsadisZ200QQsaprchiZQQsa prcloZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

I then posted a another response that said that you really, really paid 3,000 for the system you got screwed royally. One would expect that you would do a little reasearch before parting with that kind of money, not after.

Now, I found (and, actually, still find) it highly unlikely that anyone could get that royally screwed and I, and most likely others as well, suspected you were shilling these by trying to draw attention to them and having us think of them as "high end" speakers

So, what are you? Gullible and as dumb as a bag of hammers or a liar? Your choice... neither is flattering

Worf101
09-04-2006, 12:59 PM

Are you a sucker?...

In a word....

Yes...

As for this board being elitist.... that's so funny I can't even begin to get my mind around it. Had you come in and asked politely whether you'd been screwed or not, we'd have answered your questions, sadly but correctly. None of us regulars here want to see someone taken in the home audio realm... nobody...

Da Worfster

jrhymeammo
09-04-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm upgrading my system to these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Official-Elite-Audio-EA-608-Digital-Series-Sound-System_W0QQitemZ160024353441QQihZ006QQcategoryZ328 61QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Am I an Elitest? Hell Ya. Processor and a Sub integrated into one just makes perfect sense for me.

drseid
09-04-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm not quite understanding here.........as usual. Did he get a new moniker? He stated that about this previous post, but this looks like his very first one.
Maybe I should get a new name and start fresh.

His first post was a poll about the Davinci (white van) speakers being good speakers or not as he paid $3000 a pair for them. It was deleted as spam (correctly, IMO) and I guess his post count got reset back to zero. His moniker never changed... it was always "amiasucker."

---Dave

traphouse
09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Ami-

If you were just blowing off steam with your post, then you'll probably never read this response, but I felt compelled to write it.

I think the people here are nearly to the person only posting in this website with the idea in mind to offer advice or help. Period. Yes, many here are further advanced than I am, more experiences, have costlier systems, etc but HEY - who cares? Everyone started somewhere.

See my post on Polk speakers this forum. Had I come here after my initial post with a negative attitude, I would never had followed up with the forumites' advice and my freakin' speaker would still have a busted woofer.

My point is that NO ONE HERE GETS PAID ANY $$$$, as far as I am aware, for their advice and opinions. Its all freely offered, and you pick and choose what you want to take with you. I got some damn good advice and solid encouragement, sorry that your experience wasn't what you'd hoped for. But give people here the second and third opportunities - you may be surprised when you'll find a golden nugget you can use.

BillyB
09-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Eliteist snobs? Phhhhththhhthhhttt. That's crap.

I would reply further but I must go polish my silver plated gold bonded oxygen impregnated 110% virgin Egyptian copper double locking vaccuum sealed interconnect cables. I paid $750 per inch for them and don't want them to tarnish.

Priceless!!

likeitloud
09-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Are you a sucker?...

In a word....

Yes...

As for this board being elitist.... that's so funny I can't even begin to get my mind around it. Had you come in and asked politely whether you'd been screwed or not, we'd have answered your questions, sadly but correctly. None of us regulars here want to see someone taken in the home audio realm... nobody...

Da Worfster

What he said..Part II

emaidel
09-05-2006, 05:22 AM
[QUOTE
I would reply further but I must go polish my silver plated gold bonded oxygen impregnated 110% virgin Egyptian copper double locking vaccuum sealed interconnect cables. I paid $750 per inch for them and don't want them to tarnish.[/QUOTE]

And I thought<i> I</i> was the only one who did that!

How often do you do this? Once a month is the recommended time frame, as I recall...

shokhead
09-05-2006, 05:59 AM
How dare you,i might be a jerk but i'm no elitest.

GMichael
09-05-2006, 06:15 AM
I've never been called an elitist jerk before. Sure, some say I'm crude. Some even say jerk. But elitist jerk has never been used to describe me before. Part of me wants to thank you for elevating me to such a high status. But another part of me wants to flip you my IQ. "You're number one with me."

Resident Loser
09-05-2006, 07:13 AM

Whether you spent 3K at the back of a van or at a reputable dealer, you'll probaly get screwed in one way or another...the secret is: ask questions first or as Norm Abram @TOH would say "...measure twice, cut once..."

I did as much research before I bought my $400 Onkyo mini-system as I've done on any purchase (approx $6K of audio gear over a 30+ yr. period) and I'm certainly no noob...nor am I an elitist as my GPX CDP ($7USD after rebate) and $5 Wal-Mart-sourced Koss 'phones will attest...

Never saw your original, but judging by posts to this thread, it sounds like your earlier submission had all the earmarks of a shill/troll...You need to do some lurking to familiarize yourself with the workings of the virtual world AND to become acquainted with audio in general...particularly before opening your wallet...

jimHJJ(...unless you are a tout...in that case, you can expect similar treatment in the future...)

braminator
09-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Elitest? No way. Just a sales person who owns stock in the Brooklyn bridge that I am selling real cheap. AMIASUCKER email me for the prices. I am willing to deal.:6:

basite
09-05-2006, 08:02 AM

forgot to mention that only half of that is actually 'accesable' for me, since i'm only 16, but altough, even if you are even mor broke then me, you still have the better system. (no, i'm not buyin new speakers, not yet, this will be a thread in a few years from now.):ihih:

noddin0ff
09-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I take offense, I'm an egalitarian jerk.

bobsticks
09-05-2006, 09:50 AM
I take offense, I'm an egalitarian jerk.

...Abolutely, equal-opportunity jerkishness regardless of race, creed, color, disability, sectarian denomination, sexual preference, height, width, sex, color of eyes, right or left-handedness, and/or lack of proper hygiene...

L.J.
09-05-2006, 09:53 AM
I've never been called an elitist jerk before.

Elitist Jerk!

See, there's a first(or in this case second) time for everything :ciappa:

(LJ steps back and puts on flame suit)

braminator
09-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Here I found a better deal for you all.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ELITE-AUDIO-EA-608-2000WATT-5-1-HOME-THEATER-SYSTEM-NE_W0QQitemZ140025020124QQihZ004QQcategoryZ32861QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2000 watts of ultra clean distortion.

GMichael
09-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Elitist Jerk!

See, there's a first(or in this case second) time for everything :ciappa:

(LJ steps back and puts on flame suit)

You're the best. Now I think you're number one.

(GM throws a bucket of liquid nitrogen on LJ)

Resident Loser
09-05-2006, 11:41 AM

...Divinci...you would have found they have a convincing website and they are part of Precision Transducer Systems...do a google on them and you find they seem to be well known to ripoffreport.com

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff130297.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff93534.htm

jimHJJ(...took around 5 minutes...)

audio amateur
09-05-2006, 11:58 AM
I think you all are just a bunch of very retarted adults:p
I do enjoy reading your posts;) -very much so

E-Stat
09-05-2006, 12:11 PM
it doesn't help that you provide absolutely no information whatsoever in your profile. None. That is unusual. We're all audio enthusiasts here. Some music or audio professionals, others not. Click on the moniker for anyone in this thread and you will learn something about them or their preferences.

Except of course, for you.

rw

JoeE SP9
09-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Hello amiasucker;
Elitist jerk? I've been called a bigot lately. I reluctantly admit that I am an equal opportunity bigot. I hate everyone and everybody equally. Elitist, never, I'm far far better than any elitist.:ciappa:

amiasucker
09-16-2006, 01:06 PM
well, if my original 'polite' thread wasn't hastely deleted, you all would have read my humble query. obviously, if i had time to do some research, i would have known not to buy the system, in addition-i was doing searches for 'davinci', not 'divinci' which stifled the results. i guess this is just a good example of rookie blog administration. go ahead and tear into me some more, but there was never anything ingenuine about my posts, or replies. believe what you want-but that's the truth.

shokhead
09-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Are you a sad,little person?

JohnMichael
09-16-2006, 02:51 PM
well, if my original 'polite' thread wasn't hastely deleted, you all would have read my humble query. obviously, if i had time to do some research, i would have known not to buy the system, in addition-i was doing searches for 'davinci', not 'divinci' which stifled the results. i guess this is just a good example of rookie blog administration. go ahead and tear into me some more, but there was never anything ingenuine about my posts, or replies. believe what you want-but that's the truth.

Very interesting! In your original post you did spell Divinci correctly. That is why it was so easy for me to find info about the system.

To quote the Bard
Me thinks he doth protest too much.

markw
09-16-2006, 03:52 PM
well, if my original 'polite' thread wasn't hastely deleted, you all would have read my humble query. obviously, if i had time to do some research, i would have known not to buy the system, in addition-i was doing searches for 'davinci', not 'divinci' which stifled the results. i guess this is just a good example of rookie blog administration. go ahead and tear into me some more, but there was never anything ingenuine about my posts, or replies. believe what you want-but that's the truth.Odds are it took you longer to find this site, register and post your original stoopid poll than it took me to getsome results at Ebay. It took me less than thirty seconds to go to Ebay, do a search, and have multudinous answers returned to me, including the onethat showed your exact system for under $128.

Sorry, your lack of grey matter between the ears is no reason to start calling others names.

This is the real world. Spelling counts. Too bad you didn't do it right in Ebay or Google, assuming you did bother to do a search at all.

I did notice you spelled it correctly in your poll, though. hmmmmm.... veddy intelesting...

Also, I thought your original poll thread was shill. I'm still not 100% convinced it wasn't. The fact that you still continue to try to explain away your "mis-steps", the more convinced I am that it was.

Foe heaven's sake, somebody please delete this thread. This kid just keeps on embarrasing himself. He shoulda called himself the "The Black Knight".

bobsticks
09-16-2006, 05:37 PM

I have no doubt that there was never anything "ingenuine" about your posts. Perhaps if you came back in an incarnation that was smarter and more interesting...

BackinHi_Fi
09-16-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm also new to the site and hate to jump in the bandwagon. But from my readings I can't help but to disagree with amiasucker. On the other hand I quickly began to think that because of people that tend to display such a low degree of common etiquette:eek6: as you did here the administrators were forced to delete your post and add the "Add amiasucker to Your Ignore List" button. In any case I hope that since you didn't get the attention you were looking for:rolleyes5: , at least you derived some personal benefit from the immature hissy fit you have displayed here.:out: Grow up, it will pay in the future, and you will get better replies.