I need the recommendation of the power cords. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I need the recommendation of the power cords.

Dreamcatcher
09-03-2006, 02:18 AM
I just bought a subwoofer, Sunfire True EQ Signature, would anyone recomend which power cords suits it? Thanks!

Mr Peabody
09-03-2006, 10:16 AM
My experience has been that the most noticeable difference was found in my phono stage, digital sources then amps, in that decending order. I have not experimented with a subwoofer. I guess some potential might be there if it's a built in digital amp.

I use Transparents power cord which works well in the applications I mentioned and I just recently picked up a used MIT Z cord II which I am pleased with. I haven't compared these brands to each other yet to see if any one is better.

Dreamcatcher
09-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Thannks! Mr. Peabody, I am thinking of using MIT cord to try the subwoofer, maybe it works.

Mr Peabody
09-03-2006, 05:38 PM
The MIT Z cord II did retail aroune $229.00, I bought mine from www.spearitsound.com ("used, demos&closeouts" link) used for $79.00. They had one left if you want to check. You may even be able to find one on Audiogon cheaper. I put mine on a LINN 5125 Class D amp, digital switching, and it made a noticeable improvement. As well as just an overall improvement, it did help with the low frequency detail, so it may be worth a try on a sub. Post back and let us know, I'd be interested in knowing how it went.

Dreamcatcher
09-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Alright! I will if I get it. :)