Yamaha RX-V1400 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V1400

sleeper_red
02-04-2004, 06:55 AM
I decided to buy it this week and I just want to make sure that it has tape monitor so I can use my BBE Sonic Maximizer. Correct me if I'm wrong: tape monitor out, BBE in. BBE out, tape monitor in. Thanks. I just want to use the processor when listening to stereo mode. Thanks everyone.

zapr
02-04-2004, 12:09 PM
......I might be wrong but I don't think it has a tape monitor.

poneal
02-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Most newer receiver dont have tape monitor loops any more. That was a thing of the past when systems came with graphic equalizers. Those graphic equalizers made the sound worse than better because no one really knew how to use them. I remember I asked a fellow audioholic how to set mine up and he said just increase the low and highs and decrease the mids so that the knobs look like a U shape when your done. So I went home and done it. Really silly now that I think about it. For this reason, most manufacturers do not put tape monitor loops on their receivers. Here is the response from Harman Kardon when asked if you can hook up an equalizer:

This receiver does not have a tape monitor section. In fact, most people never use this feature. More often than not, someone pushes the Tape Monitor button and then can't figure out why he/she can't hear the CD player. He/she ends up returning the unit to the store or bringing it in for service. Because only roughly 10% of the public ever uses this feature, we have decided to remove it from this receiver. There is, therefore, no way to connect an EQ to this receiver.

So there you have it. Good luck on finding one...