wanna see what cleaning 50 LP's looks like? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : wanna see what cleaning 50 LP's looks like?

thepogue
09-02-2006, 05:54 PM
drum roll please.............:7:

My Nitty Gritty was leaking from the plug (very small amount) so I pulled the plug and just let it go into this bowl....I really think it's less than 50 LP's but we'll go with that....

lessons learned!! clean clean clean!!

Peace, Pogue

musicoverall
09-06-2006, 04:15 AM
drum roll please.............:7:

My Nitty Gritty was leaking from the plug (very small amount) so I pulled the plug and just let it go into this bowl....I really think it's less than 50 LP's but we'll go with that....

lessons learned!! clean clean clean!!

Peace, Pogue

Reminds me of the time I took care of a friend's puppy and he ate part of an old shoe. :D

50 bucks says that most of the people that prefer CD's all the time are letting this grit stay on their records.

thepogue
09-06-2006, 04:30 AM
Cool thing is that once you've cleaned it good to go for a long time...I guess thrift shops just have a way gettin 'em dirty!

Peace, Pogue

Resident Loser
09-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Cool thing is that once you've cleaned it good to go for a long time...I guess thrift shops just have a way gettin 'em dirty!

Peace, Pogue

...take a guess: Cigarette smoke or mold/mildew...maybe both...

jimHJJ(...yeeeechh!!!...)

squeegy200
09-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I gotta get myself a Nitty Gritty, But they're just so expensive on my budget.

Where's the best place to get one?

nightflier
09-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Pogue,

Green? It looks a little oily to me. Yuck.

I must admit I've been a little lazy myself and have just been using a brush. Like Squeegy (ironic name if he's only dry-cleaning like me), I've been a little shy of plunking down $300 for a record cleaner. Any less expensive options (other than using a brush)? Is it even worth buying a used Nitty, or are they then too gritty?

PapoHT
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
My thoughts exactly... it looks like olive oil and black pepper.. kinda like what you get at Macaroni Grill... yumm

thepogue
09-26-2006, 04:57 AM
I got a second nitty gritty...but I'm attepting to swap for balanced pre amp at this point (I'd add cash also)...its not really green BTW the dish is just making it look that way...as far as buying a used one..alls I can say is they are rugged lil guys...and if one doesnt have much use...why not??

Peace, Pogue

nightflier
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Pogue,

What kind of pre are you considering. I have a few.

thepogue
09-27-2006, 03:16 AM
ONLY in this hobby would someone have a "few" pre-amps kickin around...lol...no worries...I got some mono-blocks in my front hall...lmao :cornut:

As far as what I'm looking for I need it to have balanced outs, a good phono section and a remote and in a perfect world it would have a black face. I'd like to try an older classe but I'm not really sure what would sound best.

To be honest I'd consiter anything with the first 3 :idea: so what cha' got night??

Peace, Pogue

nightflier
09-27-2006, 02:50 PM
I've got a PCA-2 and a Plinius CD-LAD, but they have silver faceplates. I have a few more RCA-only ones, but I'm afraid most everything I've been collecting has silver fronts (didn't plan it that way, it just sort of happened that way).

thepogue
09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
What's your take? I followed a few on ePay...but slacked off...if your selling you can email the info...like I said the first three are the really important ones...BTW does it have the phono?

Peace, Pogue

nightflier
09-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Mine does not have the phono, but I prefer an external phono amp anyhow. I've been told by PS Audio techs directly that the GCPH is better than their internal phono board (and they weren't trying to sell me anything, either). How about this one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS-Audio-PCA-2-Class-A-Preamplifier-audiophile-preamp_W0QQitemZ130031886570QQihZ003QQcategoryZ149 74QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

fitzrik
10-02-2006, 04:44 PM
from 50 lps, that's all that came off??? Ah I don't feel so bad that I don't clean them now ;)