The newest memeber of the Pogue family [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The newest memeber of the Pogue family

thepogue
09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
and like all other babies I adopt....light years ahead of my ole Adcoms (my they rest in peace) as far as depth and sound stage...she's not the purddest thang on the block but I'm sure she'll be a round a good long while...

BTW nice seeing some ole faces (and new ones) hope everyones doing well!!!

Peace, Pogue

topspeed
09-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Good to see you again, Pogue.

Nice toy! What's with the power cord wrapped around the wood stool though?

thepogue
09-03-2006, 07:34 AM
I know...looks like pooper:cornut: but it's actually speaker cable which is 2.5 meters so I tried to isolate it from the power cords coming from the Prodigy's. Not pruddy to be sure but it is what it is….someday I'll knock down a wall or two and have the room I really need. Hope alls well on your end…any new toys at your place?

Peace, Pogue

Bernd
09-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi Pogue,

Good to hear from you and congrats on the new arrival. Wishing you lots of musical hours.
Hope all is well your end.

Peace

Bernd:16:

"Oh I wish I was on the N17".

bobsticks
09-03-2006, 07:43 AM
...she's not the purddest thang on the block but I'm sure she'll be a round a good long while...
Peace, Pogue

I don't know about that...she's got those hot girl-next-door, sneak-up-on-ya good looks that put 'er up with anything on the blocks 'round here. Nice buy...

Cheers

GMichael
09-03-2006, 08:56 AM
She's hot Pogue. Many happy hours together. Good to hear from you again.

thepogue
09-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I've lived with me Adcoms for quite a few years now so when I put the No. 27 in the loop I didn't really know what to expect...it was quite a pleasant surpirse to say the least!!
The improvement was unreal most notably in the depth and soundstage.....I never realized how 2-D sounding my set-up was until now. A few weeks ago I test drove a Theta Voyager and at 10K new I was really expecting alot...but the improvement with this amp puts the Theta test to shame.

It's great when you get something in that really improves the sound, more times than not the improvement is minor (at best) and sometimes it can be more wishful thinking then not...this upgrade is the real deal and that in itself add to this addiction...ah...hobby :)

Peace, Pogue

JDavenportBriggsIV
09-04-2006, 02:20 PM
That amp is ****.

thepogue
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
****...wow coming from you thats pretty good!! :17:

Pogue

Worf101
09-05-2006, 06:23 AM
How are you you ole reprobate?!!! Good to see ya back where you belong. Nice addition...

Does she have a seester?

Da Worfster

dean_martin
09-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I like the big busty type!

thepogue
09-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I've been out of the loop fer awhile but it's great too see some ole faces (even if they aint the purddest ):o

And no I didn't get the twins this time...to be honest i think that woulda been overkill....I was really started rockin her last night first with some Sade, Four Play, Dave Mathews, Peter Murphy, Zepplin, The Outlaws, Dire Straits, The Mighty Bosstones, The Dandy Waldorfs and I'm sure I'm missing a few..but I really went 'round the horn for sure...and all except for the Outlaws getting a big high on the volume it was fun fun fun!! My compantion was Pete and his Wicked Ale but I gave hime the boot durning Zepplin and opted for Beck's Dark (much much better then Becks of which I'm not a fan!)

So Worf...any new pieces on the home front? Hope the gangs doing well! And you Dean...what new on your end? Again hope alls well is Woonman still 'round? OK well nuff fer now....nice seeing you and catch you both soon!

Peace-out, Pogue

JDavenportBriggsIV
09-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Pogue:

Are you a ******?

JDBIV

thepogue
09-06-2006, 04:37 AM
your sooo kind!!!

Pogue

Resident Loser
09-06-2006, 05:29 AM
your sooo kind!!!

Pogue

...ignore the effete bugger...

jimHJJ(...as should we all...)

P.S. BTW good luck with the Levinson...

dean_martin
09-06-2006, 06:39 AM
I've been out of the loop fer awhile but it's great too see some ole faces (even if they aint the purddest ):o

And no I didn't get the twins this time...to be honest i think that woulda been overkill....I was really started rockin her last night first with some Sade, Four Play, Dave Mathews, Peter Murphy, Zepplin, The Outlaws, Dire Straits, The Mighty Bosstones, The Dandy Waldorfs and I'm sure I'm missing a few..but I really went 'round the horn for sure...and all except for the Outlaws getting a big high on the volume it was fun fun fun!! My compantion was Pete and his Wicked Ale but I gave hime the boot durning Zepplin and opted for Beck's Dark (much much better then Becks of which I'm not a fan!)

So Worf...any new pieces on the home front? Hope the gangs doing well! And you Dean...what new on your end? Again hope alls well is Woonman still 'round? OK well nuff fer now....nice seeing you and catch you both soon!

Peace-out, Pogue

Woodman disappeared. There was as an effort by many to track him down once his absence became obvious. There were concerns for his health but I'm not sure if anyone discovered why he left. His last few posts were rather grumpy as LCD, DLP, HDTV and other new tv technologies started taking off. I'm sure we've had a new tv guru (probably more than one) emerge as these new types of tvs have become the norm. I'll discover who it is when I get ready to move up to HDTV.

I switched from solid state separates to a tube integrated, but that was back in November. I lost a little flexibility but made major steps toward the "sound" I've been looking for. Tube rolling has been fun. Next up is to get better speakers.

Good to see you around again!

musicoverall
09-07-2006, 04:03 AM
Woodman disappeared. There was as an effort by many to track him down once his absence became obvious. There were concerns for his health but I'm not sure if anyone discovered why he left. His last few posts were rather grumpy as LCD, DLP, HDTV and other new tv technologies started taking off. I'm sure we've had a new tv guru (probably more than one) emerge as these new types of tvs have become the norm. I'll discover who it is when I get ready to move up to HDTV.

I switched from solid state separates to a tube integrated, but that was back in November. I lost a little flexibility but made major steps toward the "sound" I've been looking for. Tube rolling has been fun. Next up is to get better speakers.

Good to see you around again!

Sorry to say he has passed on - at least I'm pretty sure he has but I have no proof of that since I don't know his real name. He smoked for a long time and had a lot of lung problems which caused him to have to give up his beloved tenor saxophone. He did get an electronic wind instrument to play that he was having fun with, though. But he just didn't have a lot of lung capacity and I got the impression that life was getting a little cumbersome. He definitely was not feeling well last time we chatted. Good guy, though. Yeah, he was cranky. I would imagine he's looking down on us today and shaking his head. Actually, he's probably pounding his fists and screaming. :)

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-07-2006, 04:29 AM
Pogue:

Are you a ******?

JDBIV

Yo briggs,
This constitutes a personal attack, If I see another one you won't be briggs, you'll be banned!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-07-2006, 04:45 AM
Woodman disappeared. There was as an effort by many to track him down once his absence became obvious. There were concerns for his health but I'm not sure if anyone discovered why he left. His last few posts were rather grumpy as LCD, DLP, HDTV and other new tv technologies started taking off. I'm sure we've had a new tv guru (probably more than one) emerge as these new types of tvs have become the norm.

Dean
Edyct or Ed as we call him has stepped up as the new TV guru, and IMO he is far more knowledgeable than Woodman. That is not to say that Woodman didn't know his stuff, however Ed knows the ends ands outs of the newer technology.

Sorry to say he has passed on - at least I'm pretty sure he has but I have no proof of that since I don't know his real name. He smoked for a long time and had a lot of lung problems which caused him to have to give up his beloved tenor saxophone. He did get an electronic wind instrument to play that he was having fun with, though. But he just didn't have a lot of lung capacity and I got the impression that life was getting a little cumbersome

I am really sad to hear about this if its true. I really liked Woodman, cranky and all.

Hey Poguester, good to see ya back brudda. Nice Levinson amp. Hefty broad!

musicoverall
09-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Yo briggs,
This constitutes a personal attack, If I see another one you won't be briggs, you'll be banned!

That would make us feel Terrible, Sir Terrence! :)

Worf101
09-08-2006, 03:48 AM

Peace-out, Pogue

I've not added any new speakers or pieces just nibbling at a few speakers here and there, nothimg major. I'm waiting to see how HDMI 1.3 shakes out and I'm also waiting for my old 35 -inch clunker of a CRT to die so I can go flat planel wide screen... I wish I had a 2 channel dedicated room.. it would be schweet. I'm glad to hear you're testing out the new baby on some good stuff there most of which I've heard of... Good to have you back...

Da Worfster

Worf101
09-08-2006, 03:56 AM
What's that glass object behind the lamp??? Is it what I think it is??? Just say no!!! Bad Poguester!!! Bad Poguester!!!! Now that you've been duly admonished, pass that kootchie on da left hand side....

Da Worfster

thepogue
09-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Noooo thats not what yer thinkin'....lol you can tell beacue my lips are ont attached to the top...:ihih:

Although "back in the day" they went hand-in-hand as it's a lava lamp!..lol I'm also in the same baot with a 36" wega (shes as think as she is wide...come to think of it I kinda like 'em that way!! :idea: ) My luck this Sony will last till 2099...

Sir TtT....glad to see your still holdin' down the fort!! Mr. Biggie Briggs don't get me feathers ruffled...I lived Down East too long fer that!

Sorry to hear 'bout ole woodster....I'm not at all a TV guy so I was just missin' his grumpy butt...lol.....but ahh,life is short...live well my friends...live well!!

Peace, Pogue

BTW tongith I go see Delbert McClinton he's a good ole boy...and lots of fun ta see!!