Please help with my Ebay problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Please help with my Ebay problem

jrhymeammo
09-02-2006, 11:49 AM
I purchased records on Ebay from a seller named 11duner with 400+ positive feedbacks back in July 12th thru paypal. After I won the purchase, he sent me a meesage saying that item condition was not up to task, and gave me options of money back or purchase the item as it for half the price. I requestest my monwy back but he had already found the replacement item, and had already sent it to me without my instruction/request. I received the item in condition I wouldn't have paid $41 for, and it contained 2 discs of #2. So I contacted him and he had told me to send the item back. Since then I keep writing him emails and numour reminder thru Paypal for my money.
I had always told myself that I'l stop buying records on Ebay but kept ignoring my better half. Now it has finallt bit me in my rear end.
What are soem better options I can perform to resolve this issue? Last summer, my friend got ripped off for $400 PC purchase. Ebay basically did nothing, except for revoking the seller's membership priviledge, I'm sure he's back on it under a different name.
This type of problem is another reason why I'm heisitant to purchase items on Audiogon over certain amount.

I would appreciate any advice that may be helpful.
-JRA

ForeverAutumn
09-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Have you tried contacing ebay? I've never purchased from there myself, but I have a friend who had a problem with a seller last year. She paid for an item that she never received. I don't know all the details, there may have been other factors at play, but ebay refunded her money.

shokhead
09-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I purchased records on Ebay from a seller named 11duner with 400+ positive feedbacks back in July 12th thru paypal. After I won the purchase, he sent me a meesage saying that item condition was not up to task, and gave me options of money back or purchase the item as it for half the price. I requestest my monwy back but he had already found the replacement item, and had already sent it to me without my instruction/request. I received the item in condition I wouldn't have paid $41 for, and it contained 2 discs of #2. So I contacted him and he had told me to send the item back. Since then I keep writing him emails and numour reminder thru Paypal for my money.
I had always told myself that I'l stop buying records on Ebay but kept ignoring my better half. Now it has finallt bit me in my rear end.
What are soem better options I can perform to resolve this issue? Last summer, my friend got ripped off for $400 PC purchase. Ebay basically did nothing, except for revoking the seller's membership priviledge, I'm sure he's back on it under a different name.
This type of problem is another reason why I'm heisitant to purchase items on Audiogon over certain amount.

-JRA

Did you talk to paypal?

likeitloud
09-03-2006, 05:10 AM

-JRA
Sorry man, It happened to me once, and I swear, if that seller lived within 100 miles
of me, I would beat my $200 out of him, and then some. You have to go to ebays
community page and file a dispute, just follow the instuctions, then you gotta wait
10 days while they hash it out with the seller, then if the seller decides to refund you
great..don't count on it..ebay will refund a portion..not all..of your cash, AFTER,
you spend your time, and get more pissed by now..you have to email all paperwork
of the transaction, explain the whole process you went through, all emails you
sent the guy, in another words, a big f#@king joke! You can..and should..get the
sellers email address, and phone number, and contact the guy. Then your screwed
on long distance calls and more wasted cash, but atleast you can..shall we say,
express yourself once. Again sorry, I know your upset, Later

jrhymeammo
09-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks gang.
I'm giving this seller 2 more days to do the right thing. After that anything goes.......

jrhymeammo
09-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm in a process of taking care of this problem. Hehehehehehehehheeeeeeeeeeeee.
So far so good.

Thanks Bernd,
Anger Management is a beautiful thing.

-JRA