Avr-2807 Osd Help!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Avr-2807 Osd Help!!!!

aeh10
08-24-2006, 06:42 AM
So I have got the AVR-2807, love it, love it, love it. However, I cannot get the OSD to work. I would like to see the volume controls and what inputs are being switched, etc...., Can anyone please help. I have an HDMI to DVI connection to the Monitor, and all other components are hooked up via composite cable with the exception of my Dish VIP622. I have gone into the 2807's setup and made sure OSD options are all set to yes. I know that most Yamaha Receivers do show OSD so I would expect the DENON to do it as well, maybe my expectations are too high for my DENON????

paul_pci
08-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Do you have a composite cable going to the monitor? Many av receivers won't display OSD through hdmi, dvi, or component, but only through S-video or composite. And then of course, tune the monitor to the correct input.

aeh10
08-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Paul,

I believe you are correct! The only question I have is that I bought this receiver for its HDMI capabilities, and have been overall very impressed with its performance. My next question is will I sacrifce image quality utilizing composite as opposed to my HDMI to DVI connection??? And what is the point of having an HDMI out to my monitor if I cant use a very simple 480i OSD Overlay. Small stuff makes me mad, I guess its more the fact that I spent good money on this receiver and I want all of the features.

paul_pci
08-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Whoa! You only need a composite/S-video connection for the OSD and the settings you need to make through it. Otherwise, you'll be using the hdmi connection for tv/movie viewing. It's just a matter of inconvenience that you'll have to switch tv inputs for the sake of making changes through the OSD menu.

aeh10
08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Paul,

Thanks again, I will have this setup as soon as possible and try it out.