Noise cancelling headphones suggestions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Noise cancelling headphones suggestions

Breezer88888
08-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for a good set that you guys/gals can comfortably recommend. I don't like in-ear-canal buds, so please don't comment on those. Anyone familiar with a wet-willy?

So far, I like the Bose Quiet Comfort 3. That's mostly because they are easily accessible in the market place and I admit that I haven't had time to check out others. But perhaps those of you in AR can suggest viable (and more affordable) alternatives. I'm looking to use them mostly on flights and only some commuting. The typical chain stores (Circuit City, Best Buy) are near me and I'll go there if I have to.

Thanks for your input.
Breezer

Fergymunster
08-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a good set that you guys/gals can comfortably recommend. I don't like in-ear-canal buds, so please don't comment on those. Anyone familiar with a wet-willy?

So far, I like the Bose Quiet Comfort 3. That's mostly because they are easily accessible in the market place and I admit that I haven't had time to check out others. But perhaps those of you in AR can suggest viable (and more affordable) alternatives. I'm looking to use them mostly on flights and only some commuting. The typical chain stores (Circuit City, Best Buy) are near me and I'll go there if I have to.

Thanks for your input.
Breezer
Hi,your best bet would be to look at the sennheiser PXC 250 or the Sennheiser PXC 300.They can purchused at amazon.com.They also have reviews of these two headphones on amazon as well.Good luck.

soundboy22
09-05-2006, 04:51 PM
audition some sound isolation headphones such as Shure's product line. I have a pair of the E2C's which are decent for isolating sound. They don't have the best soundstage - the upper register is a little lacking. The E5C's are supposedly better, but I have not heard them.

Fritz
12-13-2006, 08:24 AM
the shure E2 E3 etc. are in-ear, so you wouldnt be interested in them. But I would still recommend isolation headphones(over-ear ones) over noise cancelling. The noise cancelling idea just seems too complicated to work right. Also, I assume that noise cancelling phones are open-backed, because the outside sound needs to get to your ears in order to be cancelled out, which means that they will not be the best for private listening. That is a must for me, since I would likely get made fun of for my musical taste:15: