Introduction [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Fishslayer
08-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Howdy. Came across your forum while searching info on my 25 year old Klipsch Heresy speakers. I browsed the boards & liked it so much I decided to register.

My name's Rick & I live outside San Diego.

Back in the day I was a lightweight audio enthusiast. Now that I'm 51 & have pretty much trashed my hearing with much too loud Motorhead, Judas Priest & Sabbath I can get along without the latest & greatest. Marriage & my fishing habit ensure that I couldn't afford it anyway...:incazzato:

I smile & nod when someone sez LP's sound better than digital...

Too much bass sounds like schiznit...

I would let Shannon Curfman abuse me... :D

This is my idea of fun...

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/503/42Albacore_002.jpg

Fishslayer

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Welcome to the forum Fishslayer. You will find alot of knowledge of Audio on this forum, and you do not have to deal with the "I know it all" attitude. Dang I am getting sea sick just looking at the picture.

Welcome!!

likeitloud
08-21-2006, 04:33 AM
Welcome the AR. Man I sure miss san diego. When I was in the NAV, my ship was
home ported there. Very clean for a city its size. On the short list for retirement
city. Anyway, have fun.

Resident Loser
08-21-2006, 04:37 AM
...meet Fishslayer...Fishslayer meet gonefishin...don't worry he's around here somewhere...

Haven't been fishing in 40+ years...Always found gettin' up at no-O'clock in the morning, eating breakfast at a diner, the soggy lunches and tepid soda much more fun than the actual act...My father and uncle would strap the ol' Evinrude to a rented skiff, pick up a bucket of killies and a block of frozen squid and off we'd go! Seagulls and sea robins (which would become chum to the sea chanty of "@**#&!(#)@&#* sea robins") and the occasional hit from a less than wary fluke and the day was complete...

jimHJJ(...I do however love seafood...welcome aboard...)

topspeed
08-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Welcome aboard!

Jeebus, a fish that big is going to need a separate moniker. No two-for-one's here! ;)

JohnMichael
08-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Welcome to AudioReview. Remember a bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

JoeE SP9
08-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Welcome aboard. Nice catch! I used to work on a charter boat out of Montauk LI. I also spent a lot of time surf casting for striper's. Sometimes I really miss those days.:thumbsup:

bobsticks
08-21-2006, 04:07 PM
"I can get along without the latest and the greatest"--I bet. I would imagine you're doing just fine with those Hereseys :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum!

GMichael
08-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Welcome to AR fishkiller. Great catch there. Did you keep it or toss it back?

Kam
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
and i'll add my welcome to everyone elses, and since no one has commented on it yet... that is one heckuva goatee! :D

and i'm sure you'll enjoy the friendly ribbing we all give one another here, as your girl would say.. "take it like a man."
:D:D
have fun!!!

swwdts
08-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Hello everyone! It has been over a year since I was last here & now back! My life was full of drama now that its over I'm back to say hello!

trollgirl
08-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Dang I am getting sea sick just looking at the picture.

Welcome!!

That's a fairly calm sea in the photo. Go see "A Perfect Storm" again...

Laz

basite
08-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Welcome to AR, hope you learn alot, i did. so far i know, everyone is ready to help you with all your audio/video questions.