need a reciever (<$300) primarly for music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : need a reciever (<$300) primarly for music

vetteblues10
08-18-2006, 01:35 PM
heading back to college and i need to get a new reciever. i am going to use it primarly for listening to music off my computer. i have decided to ditch the regular computer speakers. so i am wondering if there might be a few of you out there who can point me to a decent reciever that will serve both my computer and home theater (really no more than 5.1 or 6.1) needs. i would like to spend <$300 on the reciever (refurb is ok if i can get a good deal). i would like to find a good deal something in the "yamaha htr 5860" range..once i get the reciever and save up some more money, i will get nice set of floor speakers and sub. i know it is kinda of opened end but just wanted some feedback. again, music first, theater second. thanks.

GMichael
08-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Welcome to AR.

Here is a place to start.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?page_id=73&form_keyword=5860+receiver&mode=g_us_b_s&skd=1&rd=1

2chAlex
08-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Check with www.harmanaudio.com for refurb Harman Kardon. The Yamaha RX-V459 goes for 299.99 from places like Crutchfield. Of course there's the used market always something to be found on Ebay and used gear here at A/V forum classified.