Need rears for Energy C6 mains [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need rears for Energy C6 mains

hadex
08-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Hello all,
I could use any recommendations for rears that will match Energy C6s or a good place to get more of these older Energy speakers?

I have had to split my home theater set up, one downstairs for the family, one up for me (guess who got the projector). I used to have Energy C6s all the way around but now I need new rears for both systems. I like the forward, some say bright, sound of the energy's (I like to call it detail) so I would like to match the timber as much as possible. I've been checking ebay, etc. for used C2s or C4s but no luck so far. I have no idea how well the new C series matches my older set, but that may be an option. I'm stuck so would greatly appreciate any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Hadex

L.J.
08-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Hello all,
I could use any recommendations for rears that will match Energy C6s or a good place to get more of these older Energy speakers?

I have had to split my home theater set up, one downstairs for the family, one up for me (guess who got the projector). I used to have Energy C6s all the way around but now I need new rears for both systems. I like the forward, some say bright, sound of the energy's (I like to call it detail) so I would like to match the timber as much as possible. I've been checking ebay, etc. for used C2s or C4s but no luck so far. I have no idea how well the new C series matches my older set, but that may be an option. I'm stuck so would greatly appreciate any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Hadex

This may be a trial and error kinda thing. Search until you find a close match. I was interested in the RC-LCR center and contacted Energy about timbre matching with the rest of my Conn series and was told it was "close". I just kept searching until I found the matching center.

Matching rears are important but probably not vital. Although I highly perfer them so I'll hush about that. Obviously, your best match will be some more C6's.

You can also try Audiogon as well as Ebay. Energy has a small forum like section for owners to write, email each other. You may be able to find someone with your surrounds for sell.

Good Luck and welcome to AR. I'm sure the fellas will be around with more suggestions