SVS 25-31PC-Plus vs. Klipsch KSW12 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SVS 25-31PC-Plus vs. Klipsch KSW12

seth_b2
11-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Hi guys.

I know it seems like a stupid question, but I wanted to throw it out to you guys before I purchased. Right now, I have a KSW-12. I like it, but it disappoints me at times as well. It bottoms out and doesn't really "hit" me as much as I would like it to.

I have been doing a lot of research on subs in the last few weeks, and the 25-31 PC-Plus is the sub that I think is the best bang for the buck, so to speak. The problem is that I have never heard one. Everything in my consideration is based soley on reviews from this site and other audio sites. Basically, what I am wondering is if there is a noticeable of a difference between the two subs. I don't want to waiste my money if the difference isn't all that much, if you get my drift.

Also, I am not limited to just SVS. I would be happy to hear other opinions on good subs out there. My max is about 1K, or at least until I hit the lottery, but that probably isn't too likely.

Thanks in advance.

TinHere
11-18-2003, 09:14 PM
I just went from the KSW12 to an SVS 20-39 PCi. Bass has improved in all aspects. It goes deeper with more authority in HT and it plays tighter with music. I'm glad I made the change and can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be.

Debbi
11-19-2003, 04:42 AM
...friend has the SVS you are looking at....It is a very worthwhile improvement, especially if your mix is heavier with music vs HT.Differences with HT not as great with boomy sub like Klipsch.....in the meantime try something with the Klipsch....assuming your fronts are decent, and your source is good(has a lot of low bass content), when you play music only, switch the fronts to large and turn the sub down to about 50hz.I get pretty good results when I do this on newer sources....older cds have limited low bass and dont activate the sub much....