Polk TRi8 v/s Axiom M50 V2 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Polk TRi8 v/s Axiom M50 V2

tossurboss2002
08-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi All,

Again few recomendations, i had deicded for Polk RTi8, but later i was talking to one of my freind, he told me Axiom is very good when compared to Polk and you get the very god sound quality for the meony we pay for axion.
Please let me know you recomendations.

paul_pci
08-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Axiom is very popular with its consumers and they seem to like it a lot over at www.audioholics.com, but they're an online only operation, so unless you can find a local owner to give you a demo, you'd be buying them sight unheard which for speakers can be a disappointing deal.

likeitloud
08-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Axiom is very popular with its consumers and they seem to like it a lot over at www.audioholics.com, but they're an online only operation, so unless you can find a local owner to give you a demo, you'd be buying them sight unheard which for speakers can be a disappointing deal.

I, personnally would never buy a speaker I can't hear first. Selling stuff on the web only
makes me nervous, that goes for interconnects, car audio, whatever. Axiom speakers
are highly regarded here and other forum pages, back when I was speaker shopping I
was reading " to detailed, to bright, bass response lacking". I have listened to the
RTi8, and they were very good, and for the black finish, 1/2 the money. Of course
You'll need a Sub for either choice. Good Luck

littleb
08-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi All,

Again few recomendations, i had deicded for Polk RTi8, but later i was talking to one of my freind, he told me Axiom is very good when compared to Polk and you get the very god sound quality for the meony we pay for axion.
Please let me know you recomendations.

I have Axioms and demoed the M50s in my home for a couple weeks. These are the laid back speaker in the Axiom line up. They are very good when it comes to the bass and upper ranges, but they have a laid back midrange. If your looking for midrange detail, the M60s would be a better choice. I don't know how the Polk's compare.