Oddest Recording in my Collection [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Oddest Recording in my Collection

JohnMichael
08-11-2006, 07:00 AM
The other day I received a cd and I would like to nominate it for oddest recording in my collection. The cd is of Alessandro Moreschi. Alessandro is the only castrati to ever be recorded. Many of the tracks are from acoustic recordings and mostly recorded in the very early 1900's. He was not considered the best castrato but it is interesting to hear what the voice of a castrated prepubescent male sounds like singing as an adult. What a sacrifice for art. He retired in 1914.

GMichael
08-11-2006, 07:07 AM
The other day I received a cd and I would like to nominate it for oddest recording in my collection. The cd is of Alessandro Moreschi. Alessandro is the only castrati to ever be recorded. Many of the tracks are from acoustic recordings and mostly recorded in the very early 1900's. He was not considered the best castrato but it is interesting to hear what the voice of a castrated prepubescent male sounds like singing as an adult. What a sacrifice for art. He retired in 1914.

Whoa! :yikes:

Say it aint so! NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo....... squeek....

KaiWinters
08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Double Whoa ! !

I don't care if I could have the range of Mariah Carey. Ain't nobody cutting off my "berries" so I can hit those notes.

bobsticks
08-11-2006, 06:05 PM
The oddest recording in my collection is Einsturzende Neubauten's Zeichnungen des Patienten O.T.. A collection of industrial noise it draws its influence and motivation from the rather abstract drawings of one Oswald Tschirtner, a patient in a Swiss sanitarium. One reviewer described it as appearing "to have been recorded in some insane person's junkyard.". I would also add that parts of it seem to come from the Children's Ward in an Armenian hospital.

Whether anyone had their naughty-bits lopped off during recording or mix-down is the subject of much debate to this day.