8000 sq ft in need of quality sound [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 8000 sq ft in need of quality sound

living_in_dolby
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM
I have a warehouse that I would like to setup with a system. What are the first steps in creating a system to this, without adding a third night job, lol within reasonable cost.

What speakers or loudspeakers will carry great sound for 8000 sq ft? how many will be necessary?
What models?

Is a high end receiver recommended? Or is a high end amp and tuner the solution?
What models? amp,tuner,reciever

What role do pre-amps play? crossovers? EQs?

By now you are aware I am in serious need of hi-fi knowledge. My intentions are to blow that warehouse away, maybe some jerry garcia, warren haynes (gov't mule) etc.

I appreciate all input and will post progess on components purchased.

Tampa, Florida

teledynepost
08-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I think I would be looking at pro audio stuff.

audio amateur
08-11-2006, 04:13 AM
What exactly are you trying to do? A night club? A place where you can host parties?
If it's really that big, you should consider the pro audio arena. But that's not my area of expertise.

FLZapped
08-11-2006, 06:12 AM
I have a warehouse that I would like to setup with a system. What are the first steps in creating a system to this, without adding a third night job, lol within reasonable cost.

First you have to begin with good acoustics.

What speakers or loudspeakers will carry great sound for 8000 sq ft? how many will be necessary?
What models?

Don't know, other than this being a warehouse and 8000 sq ft, we know nothing of the space, how it may be divided, what is going to be happening in that space, etc.

Is a high end receiver recommended? Or is a high end amp and tuner the solution?
What models? amp,tuner,reciever

Need more info.

What role do pre-amps play? crossovers? EQs?

Part of this is system/purpose dependant, but a "room eq" unit will most likely be needed to match the response of the speakers to the final acoustics of the space.

By now you are aware I am in serious need of hi-fi knowledge. My intentions are to blow that warehouse away, maybe some jerry garcia, warren haynes (gov't mule) etc.

I appreciate all input and will post progess on components purchased.

Tampa, Florida

Well, you can try this place for help, too:

http://www.prosoundweb.com/
http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/

-Bruce

The Tahitijack
08-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Check the Mackie website for the best in pro-sound reinforcement gear.

living_in_dolby
08-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Here is additional information, the building demensions are 120' x 60' = 7200 sq ft. It will be drywalled and the ceilings are 18'. The floor is concrete. It will be empty space, when complete it should be a pretty cool. If I have friends over it will be a place they can listen to music and have fun.

Thank you for direction, I look forward to your input.
Brent

JoeE SP9
08-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Maybe you should get Flo to sell you his Grand's. Better yet, we should convince Flo to relocate to your place. You certainly have the necessary space for some Grand's.:ihih:

Florian
08-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Maybe you should get Flo to sell you his Grand's. Better yet, we should convince Flo to relocate to your place. You certainly have the necessary space for some Grand's.:ihih:

Well first of all, this would happen only over my dead body :cornut:
Second, i just signed my new Apartment and my Tact 2.2XP arived.
And i have to add a third point, which is that 85K is not affordable LOL

-Flo

PS: I would look into building a wall with monsoon audio planar magnetic drivers :)

JoeE SP9
08-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Well first of all, this would happen only over my dead body :cornut:
Second, i just signed my new Apartment and my Tact 2.2XP arived.
And i have to add a third point, which is that 85K is not affordable LOL

-Flo

PS: I would look into building a wall with monsoon audio planar magnetic drivers :)

I guess I'll just have to come to Germany to hear them. Someone has to make sure you set them up right.:ihih:

FLZapped
08-13-2006, 03:23 AM
Check the Mackie website for the best in pro-sound reinforcement gear.

Actually, the pros consider them to be lower end. They've also had serious problems since moving their production to China.

-Bruce

The Tahitijack
08-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey Bruce,
One man's floor is anothers ceiling. My experience is that Yamaha & Carvin are low/mid wanna bes. JBL and Mackie are dependable and road worthy mid/upper. What are you using? What would you recommend if I want to move up a notch? Thanks for your advice.

FLZapped
08-17-2006, 04:04 AM
Hey Bruce,
One man's floor is anothers ceiling. My experience is that Yamaha & Carvin are low/mid wanna bes. JBL and Mackie are dependable and road worthy mid/upper. What are you using? What would you recommend if I want to move up a notch? Thanks for your advice.

Don't get me wrong, I've used Mackie equipment myself and found nothing wrong with it. I think they ran into trouble because some of thier boards wren't capable of standing up to the rough demands of road tours. The recent troubles are being mentioned on several boards. BTW - even Carvin has its place and a warehouse might be that place.

Still, acoustics must come first, or it won't matter what you put in, it will all sound like garbage.

-Bruce