Thanks Guys [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys

cam
08-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Thank you to all of you who posted comments about my pending divorce. All you guys helped me out more then you know.

The wife and I have started talking along with alot of hard thinking. There is a long 13 year relationship, an 8 year marriage and a family at risk.

So we have started looking at a new home to purchase so we can all start fresh again. There is just too many bad feelings in our home now to stay.

Everything is just preliminary right now but I've got my fingers crossed that this can work out.

Thanks again.

GMichael
08-08-2006, 09:32 AM
I am glad that you 2 (or 4) have started talking. Go slow. Good luck to you and your whole familly.

L.J.
08-08-2006, 09:36 AM
That's good news Cam! Perhaps your situation will end up like mine after all.

bobsticks
08-08-2006, 09:42 AM
It sounds like you two are starting to talk to each other instead of at each other. Good luck,we're all behind you.

PAT.P
08-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Cam Hope all turns up good for you.Sometime we all need to stop and smell the roses.If things could be patch up ,great for all of you.It very hard when the other partner had a child from before and you have another one of your own with the mother.I know this ,I have 3 children from my 1st and my oldest gave so much trouble and no matter she stook by me .She could of said F*** this Im out of here.My oldest daughter was so upset when we had a son (with a little help of the ex-wife) .She called her stepmother and brother all the name in the book.To even ask me if I knew he was mine or now you have a son he get everything and we are nothing.I had to tell her she was'nt welcome in my house if thats what she thinks of her father.My ex was and still is a **** disturber ,my 2nd spouse tried everthing to get along with her ,but no show.:incazzato:

JohnMichael
08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Cam I want to wish you the best. When you have that much time invested it is certainly worth another attempt. Do not forget you have us as a support system. If I ever give you relationship advice for it to work do the opposite.

kexodusc
08-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Cam,

I didn't see your first post, but I'm rootin' for ya. Major props for giving it a second effort. You both owe each other that much, and you owe your children the 2nd effort as well. It takes a lot of courage and principle to do what you're trying to do, and it reflects on your character! Too many people rush to divorce too soon. Whatever happens, you have done the right thing by trying to save your marriage again! That type of character is becoming more and more rare, and is far to undervalued in society today.

I really can't offer any advice, I haven't been married for a year yet, but, I truly respect your efforts to honor the integrity of the Vows and Commitment you made when you were married. Since my wedding last October, 4 of the couples that we invited have divorced! They were so bitter, condescending towards their partners, and so reluctant to try a second effort that you wondered how they were married in the first place. That's really demoralizing to a newlywed like myself, but it's equally inspirational to see that there's still men of character out there today.

Best of luck!

Woochifer
08-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Cam -

Glad to hear as well that you're making the effort to work things out. Sometimes I think that marriages are all too often treated like the disposable consumer products that we take for granted. One of my coworkers was ready to terminate her marriage after just four months. Basically, that was a situation where she had a baby with her boyfriend, but they had an on-and-off relationship where both of them were dating other people. A few months ago they went on a weekend getaway and came back married, but I suspect that this happened because he got laid off and needed a place to live. After moving in, it didn't take long for him to start leaving the house for days at a time. Situations like this make me think that marriages shouldn't be so easy to enter into, since their marriage was basically a spur-of-the-moment decision. I mean, there are wedding chapels out there with drive-thru windows, shouldn't marriage be treated with a little more value than a fast food burger?

If you went into the marriage for the right reasons, and you have a child, there's no reason not to give that commitment every last chance. It doesn't sound like you treated your vows as an optional guideline, and you have a long history with your wife. Good luck!

likeitloud
08-16-2006, 01:46 AM
That's great news man, just talking things over is a good start. In past experences if
some one leaves, and thats, that. I know you've been going through alot, and I hope
your spirits have picked up. Later.

JSE
08-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey Cam, great news. Glad you two are trying to work it out.

Kam
08-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Hey good luck, well wishes, good karma, vibes and everything positive to my almost-namesake up in canada! as always, rooting for it to work out... however... to quote steve buscemi...

I don't mean to be the materialistic weasel of this group, but with the new house.... new home theater/ music room? :D