Speaker switch [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker switch

fjacky
08-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Hello,

Right now in my basement I have a center, base, right/left and 2 rear speakers. So 6 in total. I also have 2 speakers on my deck. When I want to listen outside I have to unhook all of my indoor speakers and plug in my outdoor speakers where my 2 rear speakers were. It only takes a few minutes, but it's a pain in the butt. Is there any kinda of speaker switch out there that can handle all of those speakers?

I've seen on before but it was onlky for 4 speakers.

Not sure if that would do the trick or would i need a switch with 8 slots available for the 6 indoor and 2 outdoor.

Any thoughts?

fjacky
08-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Would this work for all of my speakers?

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/p...product=4000137

nightflier
08-08-2006, 12:39 PM
What you should probably do is buy a 2 pair speaker switch (Russound makes some inexpensive ones) and connect the front L&R output of your receiver to the inputs. Connect your front L&R speakers and the deck speakers to the outputs. The only thing you have to remember (aside from switching the box) is to listen to only stereo sound when listening on your deck. This will send output to just the two L&R channels, which is what you want for outside. Inside, select surround sound for your movies.

markw
08-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Most have A/B speaker selector switches for just this purpose.

fjacky
08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Most have A/B speaker selector switches for just this purpose.

It's a Pioneer with no A/B switch

fjacky
08-08-2006, 04:06 PM
What you should probably do is buy a 2 pair speaker switch (Russound makes some inexpensive ones) and connect the front L&R output of your receiver to the inputs. Connect your front L&R speakers and the deck speakers to the outputs. The only thing you have to remember (aside from switching the box) is to listen to only stereo sound when listening on your deck. This will send output to just the two L&R channels, which is what you want for outside. Inside, select surround sound for your movies.

Sounds like a plan. Everything works good, but it doesn't matter which mode I have it in the base stays on. Not sure why that is. Maybe I can just unplug that when I listen to tunes outside.