Pro-Ject TTs in Europe [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Ject TTs in Europe

jrhymeammo
08-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Why are we getting screwed on Pro-Ject TTs in America? I love the looks of Xperience Comfort ( http://www.av-land.co.uk/pro-ject/xperiencecomfort/xperiencecomfort.htm ), and the Goldplated RCA phonosocket offered on Debut III SE ( http://www.avland.co.uk/pro-ject/debutiiise/debut3se.htm ) and stock cone feet. I think Sumiko Audio needs to consider bringing more TTs to USA.
What dio you guys think?

royphil345
08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
We have enough.

There are several Music Hall models available here that come pretty close to what you're looking at.

IMO the specs on some of these tables absolutely suck for that kind of money. The motors and bearings are known to be unreliable sometimes. Think that's why retailers like to sell the lower models in the line here. And other makes in the higher price-ranges. I wouldn't buy a Pro-Ject or Music Hall in the $1000.00 range. Better options out there for that kind of money.

squeegy200
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Based in Minnesota

http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3455/.f?sc=7&category=947

Are these different from models you highlighted?

jrhymeammo
08-09-2006, 03:34 PM
To RP345. I've also thought specs on Pro-Ject TTs arent spectacular compared to other manufactures in a similar price range. Rumble is only -70dbs for $1000 range, and top of the line model only goes to -73dbs. I was wondering if companies use their own measurement, sort of similar to how companies specs wattages.

Squeegy200, Thanks for your reply. I often visit needledoctor site and appreciate their service. I just love the looks of Xperiecne Comfort in Olivewood veneer plinth. Also, Debut SE model in US does not offer RCA phono-socket option. I've never seen a TT under $400 offeruing that option. For that, playing with different cables is fun for those who believe diffefrnt cables sound different.

emorphien
08-09-2006, 08:30 PM
To RP345. I've also thought specs on Pro-Ject TTs arent spectacular compared to other manufactures in a similar price range. Rumble is only -70dbs for $1000 range, and top of the line model only goes to -73dbs. I was wondering if companies use their own measurement, sort of similar to how companies specs wattages.

Squeegy200, Thanks for your reply. I often visit needledoctor site and appreciate their service. I just love the looks of Xperiecne Comfort in Olivewood veneer plinth. Also, Debut SE model in US does not offer RCA phono-socket option. I've never seen a TT under $400 offeruing that option. For that, playing with different cables is fun for those who believe diffefrnt cables sound different.
I certainly don't much like the cables on my Rega P2, but there's more to why I'd like a pair of RCA plugs than just supposed changes in sound quality.

jrhymeammo
08-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I certainly don't much like the cables on my Rega P2, but there's more to why I'd like a pair of RCA plugs than just supposed changes in sound quality.

Would rather have an option of using longer cables? Or just saying hi end cables are waste of money? Here we go........:)
Rega seems a bit arrogant to me. Way I see it is that they are pretty much saying we dont want you to alter our sound by using different cables. Our package is perfect so dont mess with it. Maybe they just found the perfect match in their lab.

emorphien
08-10-2006, 06:10 PM
I'd probably like better shielding, the whimpy cables make me nervous for no real reason (I've not had problems with them to be honest).

Mainly for moving and just longevity I prefer removable cables. I don't have to worry about them being yanked or something coming loose. And yes longer cables should I need them (or shorter should I not) would be nice.

I can't complain about the turntable to be honest, that's about the only thing I don't like.

3db
08-19-2006, 11:48 AM
We have enough.

There are several Music Hall models available here that come pretty close to what you're looking at.

IMO the specs on some of these tables absolutely suck for that kind of money. The motors and bearings are known to be unreliable sometimes. Think that's why retailers like to sell the lower models in the line here. And other makes in the higher price-ranges. I wouldn't buy a Pro-Ject or Music Hall in the $1000.00 range. Better options out there for that kind of money.

as the specs for the Music Hall 2 are within hair of the Project Debute 3 for $100 more moeny