So what have I missed? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So what have I missed?

Peter Duminy
08-07-2006, 10:46 AM
It has been weeks/months? since I have visited the Forum with so many projects I have been working on here. Have I missed anything exciting? Any bloodshed? Any cheap tawdry gossip?.... :)

jt1stcav
08-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I just started hanging out here again myself...seem's Flo has been considering many loudspeaker choices lately. But you'll have to ask him what he's finally decided on.

Frankly, I think he's been drinking too much Weissen and it's affecting his better judgement, but that's just my thoughts...:smilewinkgrin:

Woochifer
08-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome back and happy summer!

Been mellower than usual around here. Not a whole lot of bloodletting. I guess people are getting out more, or just enjoying their systems.

Flo's speaker quest though has been another story altogether. Never knew that an otherwise enjoyable hobby could cause this much stress and anxiety, but I guess it was worthwhile to him since he ultimately got what he was looking for. :6:

Dusty Chalk
08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Florian is writing us from debtor's prison.

The Insignia's came and went. "$50 speakers and they're listenable, OMG!"

That's about it.

SlumpBuster
08-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Flo is writing us from debtor's prison.

He found the clock radio that they allow him to be tolerable, but the acoustics of a concrete cell are another matter all together. He has been trading cigarettes for bass traps. :16:

Florian
08-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Well i got an Apartment, a fulltime job, one of the 25 Apogee Grands, a Tact RCS 2.2XP, New Transport and i litterly have 5 bucks left :idea:

Peter Duminy
08-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Nice to hear from the regulars again. The Industry has gone quiet at the moment, although China is booming!
Good to hear about your system Flo, money is replaceable, but the pleasure your system gives you is priceless. :16:

Florian
08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Ya know, at a certain price point one should think so. But this last purchase with electronics was so bloddy expensive that one could call me insane. It has nothing to do, even with High End.

But the pleasure is priceless!

PAT.P
08-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Well i got an Apartment, a fulltime job, one of the 25 Apogee Grands, a Tact RCS 2.2XP, New Transport and i litterly have 5 bucks left :idea: Have'nt been around as much lately too,found another passion that does use electricity.Nice to hear flo you got a apartment.Are your new speaker going to fit?:ihih:

Florian
08-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Have'nt been around as much lately too,found another passion that does use electricity.Nice to hear flo you got a apartment.Are your new speaker going to fit?:ihih:

Yeah i dont stop by here much often either anymore, the room is pretty tall but the Grand will be 2in shorter ;-)

PAT.P
08-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah i dont stop by here much often either anymore, the room is pretty tall but the Grand will be 2in shorter ;-)At least you'll have your own place now.Must be very $$ for apartment in germany?