So this is what I found in my system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So this is what I found in my system

jrhymeammo
08-05-2006, 10:31 AM
For the last 6 month, I've been in search for the ultimate/cheap DIY tweaks. I was watching TV one night and saw the Temperpedic Mattress commercial. I've always wanted to get a set for my sleeping purpose, but saleman always told me that guys dont like the 'tress since it results in excess perspiration.
Anyhow, being a cheap guy, who even refuses to pay for dinner for my ladies, I called a toll free number for a free-sample. It is about 4"x4"x6". I cut it up into 4 peices in a way that they all have the same height, and placed them under my tube phono-pre.
I've had this setup for over a month now, and I havent been enjoying my vinyl UNTIL NOW!!! Those suckers are out of my apartment, except for 2 little pieces cuz they work great as ear plugs. That so-called tweak mushed my sound to the point where it was extremely boring to listen. My primary purpose was to reduce vibration on my tubes. Im not sure if I like the sound of shakey tubes or what, but what I know is that black discs will be spinning non-stop.

Have you guys played with Temperpedic material and noticed any +/- results?

-JRA

Fergymunster
08-07-2006, 11:57 AM
For the last 6 month, I've been in search for the ultimate/cheap DIY tweaks. I was watching TV one night and saw the Temperpedic Mattress commercial. I've always wanted to get a set for my sleeping purpose, but saleman always told me that guys dont like the 'tress since it results in excess perspiration.
Anyhow, being a cheap guy, who even refuses to pay for dinner for my ladies, I called a toll free number for a free-sample. It is about 4"x4"x6". I cut it up into 4 peices in a way that they all have the same height, and placed them under my tube phono-pre.
I've had this setup for over a month now, and I havent been enjoying my vinyl UNTIL NOW!!! Those suckers are out of my apartment, except for 2 little pieces cuz they work great as ear plugs. That so-called tweak mushed my sound to the point where it was extremely boring to listen. My primary purpose was to reduce vibration on my tubes. Im not sure if I like the sound of shakey tubes or what, but what I know is that black discs will be spinning non-stop.

Have you guys played with Temperpedic material and noticed any +/- results?

-JRA I think you have lost your mind.

jrhymeammo
08-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I kinda agree with you. I think Im done messing around with my system for awhile. BTW, Shakey tube sound? or just that first paragraph? Also, which side of brain do you think I lost, right or left?