Multi-disc DVD changer recommendations [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Multi-disc DVD changer recommendations

Nm2285
08-05-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm looking for a multi-disc dvd changer based solely on video quality. I'll run audio through my receiver using it's DACs so sound quality isnt as impt to me. Price, however, is. I want the Yamaha DVD-C950, but it's probably just out of my range. I'm thinking Denon DVM-1815. I dont mind used or older models, so if you have a fav from the past, do recommend.

So, my criteria, in order of importance:
1) Video quality in progressive (tie)
2) Price (tie)
3) Ability to play many formats (ESP DVD-R, however SACD/DVD-A would be nice bonuses)
4) HDMI upconversion (certainly not a necessity at all)

Thanks!
Nick

AVMASTER
08-07-2006, 10:35 AM
you've pretty much answered your owe question, the discontinued Denon can still be had relatively cheap, good video via component video connection, and as you say" sound quality isn't as important to you" so SACD and DVDA will be abscene as well as HDMI, but as you said " certainly not a necessity at all"

shokhead
08-08-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm looking for a multi-disc dvd changer based solely on video quality. I'll run audio through my receiver using it's DACs so sound quality isnt as impt to me. Price, however, is. I want the Yamaha DVD-C950, but it's probably just out of my range. I'm thinking Denon DVM-1815. I dont mind used or older models, so if you have a fav from the past, do recommend.

So, my criteria, in order of importance:
1) Video quality in progressive (tie)
2) Price (tie)
3) Ability to play many formats (ESP DVD-R, however SACD/DVD-A would be nice bonuses)
4) HDMI upconversion (certainly not a necessity at all)

Thanks!
Nick

The Yamaha shows up on e-bay for under 300.

westcott
08-23-2006, 03:06 PM
you've pretty much answered your owe question, the discontinued Denon can still be had relatively cheap, good video via component video connection, and as you say" sound quality isn't as important to you" so SACD and DVDA will be abscene as well as HDMI, but as you said " certainly not a necessity at all"

I second the Denon selection. No other offers near the video quality.

shokhead
08-23-2006, 04:35 PM
I'll sell my 2815 for $150 + shipping.