infinity BU120 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : infinity BU120

jedi
08-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Infinity BU120 is suck. I bought this unit in the year 2000. After six months this unit always bang bang da pop pop, like a small bomb. No bother I kept using, after 1 year this horror sound bang bang pop happened very often. Finally I decided to repair it. After 4 years the small bomb sound is coming back.. I can’t understand why BU120 is made in Canada but this Sub is so poor. Good looking but no world class sub. I decided to buy B&W 602 s3 loudspeaker to replace my Infinity loudspeaker. Infinity again. SUCKED.
I see the review of B&W602 s3 is good. I went for the AV show 2006 MALAYSIA no Infinity product anymore. Not a bad news after all.

Florian
08-04-2006, 03:21 AM
World Class Sub......Äh...not to bust your bubble but you dont get "world class" for little money. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but be more realistic please. In my opinion, Infinity stopped makeing anything good after Arnie Noodle sold it to H/K.

-Flo

jedi
08-05-2006, 01:10 AM
you're right florian, BU120 is not a world class sub. i don't buy H/K product anymore. when my BU120 bang bang louder and louder in the near future. i dont repair anymore. and this time i'll buy a really world class sub....

Florian
08-05-2006, 04:38 AM
you're right florian, BU120 is not a world class sub. i don't buy H/K product anymore. when my BU120 bang bang louder and louder in the near future. i dont repair anymore. and this time i'll buy a really world class sub....

Take a good hard look at REL, Velodyne DD and HGS series :)

likeitloud
08-05-2006, 04:40 AM
I used that sub for 5 years, with no problems. One issue is the amp is not isolated
from the driver very well, and it's been said there was heating issues. I plugged
mine into the receivers "switched" outlet so it would'nt be on 24/7. For the money,
it's a pretty good entry level sub, you do have to "baby" it, and watch the heating
issue, it will wear it down. As for blowing off all H/K, a very bad plan, You'd be
missing out on ALOT of killer electronics.

Pioneer VSX1015TX
Rotel RB 1080
Definitive Technology ProSub 200TL
JBL 4344 Studio Monitors(Front)
JBL L 19 (Surrounds)
JBL Cinema Vison CVCEN50 Center
JBL Northridge Satellites(Back Channel)
Pioneer Elite DV45A DVDA/SACD
Panasonic DVD F86K
Sony RCD W500C CD PLAYER/REC
Pioneer GR-777 Graphic Equalizer
AR Interconnects