Need help connecting a turntable a to hi-fi with no auxillary inputs!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need help connecting a turntable a to hi-fi with no auxillary inputs!!!

SS2112
08-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Basically, my new Hi-fi system doesnt have an auxillary input where I can connect my turntable.

I need some help!! I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to connect my turntable to my new Hi-fi without the need for auxillary inputs.

I was also wondering if there are any new turntables around that don't require the need for auxillary inputs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sam

likeitloud
08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Most receivers or pre-amps back panels are split, 1 side video, 1 side audio.
Use any free jack on the audio side, make sure your unit is programmed/set-up
for that set of jacks, it should be labled. A list of your gear would help.

Resident Loser
08-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Basically, my new Hi-fi system doesnt have an auxillary input where I can connect my turntable.

I need some help!! I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to connect my turntable to my new Hi-fi without the need for auxillary inputs.

I was also wondering if there are any new turntables around that don't require the need for auxillary inputs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sam

...nothing marked AUX or no spare inputs at all?...Or do you mean Phono-in? If there is a Tape-in, MD-in or something to that effect, you can use them...but be pre-warned unless your TT has a built in pre-amp you will need to purchase an outboard one to supply both the RIAA equalization and boost required by a typical magnetic cartridge...unless it's a ceramic (piezo) type...and then, of course there are MC carts which need a pre-pre due to their ultra-low outputs...

Yes Virginia, there are TTs that have built in phono pre-amps, but you still need an input...

jimHJJ(...FYI, all things with outputs need inputs...otherwise they are considered kinetic art...or anchors...)

accastil
10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
hi all, i actually have the same question..ill be buying a TT and my reciever doesnt have a phono input...can i make use of another RCA input instead? also, what is mc and mm phono?