My Morning Jacket 'Z' [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My Morning Jacket 'Z'

3-LockBox
08-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Is the rest of MMJ as good as 'Z' (the Band keeps popping in my head with this one).

I'm liking it, but I wonder if the rest of their catalog like this, or is this a 'one-off' like Built to Spill's Ancient Melodies Of The Future?

Swish
08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Is the rest of MMJ as good as 'Z' (the Band keeps popping in my head with this one).

I'm liking it, but I wonder if the rest of their catalog like this, or is this a 'one-off' like Built to Spill's Ancient Melodies Of The Future?

And I'm kind of serious, although I haven't given it much of a chance. I really can't get into this one, and I think a couple earlier records were much better. "At Dawn" from 2001 was the one that got me into this band, but "It Still Moves" from '03 is my favorite so far. I have one other one, and EP with the odd title "Acoustic Citsuoca: Live At The Startime Pavilion", and it's also pretty good.

As for Built To Spill, I didn't like Ancient Melodies and think it was a step down for them, so I guess our tastes are just too far apart for my opinion to matter much, eh 3 Lock?.

Swish

3-LockBox
08-02-2006, 09:24 PM
I guess our tastes are just too far apart for my opinion to matter much, eh 3 Lock?

-> word