Is these speaker good? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is these speaker good?

nomenclature
07-29-2006, 12:21 PM
hey im ilooking for some home stereo speakers. i want it to be loud and good bass. do you think this good speakers for me? dont want to pay to much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290009394512&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

daviethek
07-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Never heard of them. Make sure you get them cheap. . check shipping. It was 150.oo to my zip code.

PlumDragon
07-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Im not even sure that is a company...

I did a search for "Elite Audio" and got only stores and such called Elite Audio. There is no webpage for a company called Elite Audio that makes loudspeakers.

Then I did a search for the model number they give EA-2875. Same thing, the ONLY place on the web where a link came up for those things was that eBay auction.

They might not be so bad but they are most likely worth nothing even close to the $2k+ per speaker that is being stated; there is definitely something fishy going on with that seller. Honestly, I'd forget those things even exist if that auction breaks more than $50...

teledynepost
07-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Took me 5 seconds to find the link to their website in the auction itself.

http://www.eliteaudiosound.com/

drseid
07-30-2006, 01:21 AM
hey im ilooking for some home stereo speakers. i want it to be loud and good bass. do you think this good speakers for me? dont want to pay to much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290009394512&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

While the selling price is not too steep, these speakers (and the web site) strike me as "white van" type speakers... They appear to have artificially high MSRPs, cheap parts and a very bad warranty.

The enclosures in particular do not look impressive at all, and the manufacturer does not warranty them. They even say that if you return the speakers for repair, you are not allowed to send the enclosures as they are not covered, and may break in transit. This does not inspire confidence in the company, its products or the MSRP validity IMO.

I would recommend avoiding these puppies...

---Dave

PlumDragon
07-30-2006, 07:33 AM
Took me 5 seconds to find the link to their website in the auction itself.
http://www.eliteaudiosound.com/
Anybody can post a website on eBay and turn around and build it for the consumer to see. Its visibility on google is much more important....

But...when you search for "eliteaudiosound" the webpage does come up. But so does a whole can of worms:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=eliteaudiosound&btnG=Google+Search

Dont touch that company with a 10-foot pole!

N. Abstentia
07-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Definitely white van crap. Not even worth $20.

audio_dude
07-30-2006, 11:37 AM
there is an ad for a very similar set of speakers that pops up sometimes on the ad sidebar to the right!

nightflier
07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Anybody live close by and can pay them a visit?

10073 Valley View Street, Suite #104, Cypress, CA 9630, USA

It would be revealing to find out what kind of location this is....

Resident Loser
07-31-2006, 12:11 PM

...Mailboxes-R-Us or some such maildrop...

Last time we had one of these I called it spam...same MO...first time poster...linked to a sales spot...lousy English (poster and website)...and so on, and so on and shoobie-doobie-oobie...

jimHJJ(...garbage of the highest order?...)

audio_dude
07-31-2006, 12:59 PM
read a little closer, he says he's located in "New Orleans, Louisiana, United States"

hmm..thats the place that got hit by a hurricane, wouldn't bet on that, lol

njspeer
07-31-2006, 01:04 PM
I vote scam as well. The web site is fake too.

superpanavision70mm
07-31-2006, 01:08 PM
While some people are very quick to point out that this could be a scam...I would also venture to say this....

Instead of debating on the issue...why not just go with a more reliable and well-known company that we have all come to know and trust. Even if you pay a bit more...chances are that you will get your moneys worth and the peace of mind that you did not get ripped off.

Woochifer
07-31-2006, 01:31 PM

Wow, I'm doing some contract work down in Cerritos, and that's very close. I might need to drop by and tell them I want to audition some speakers and heard that they got some good ones to offer. :lol:

You got another one of these white van scamster front companies right in your backyard in Newport. Here's the addy for white van favorites Dogg Digital ...

507 S Superior Ave. Newport Beach, CA 92663

Not sure if they're still around though because their website's been taken down.

Woochifer
07-31-2006, 01:44 PM
BTW, here's Scam Shield's report list for California.

http://www.scamshield.com/Sighting.asp?country=none&state=California&article=1

Elite Audio is one of the names currently making the rounds on the white van circuit, along with soundalike brands like Kirsch, DiVinci, Theater Research, Theater Logic, and Digital Research. Other names that I used to see a lot included Dogg Digital, Dahlton, Dynalab, Denmark, Acoustic Image, Acoustic Monitor, and Acoustic Response.

GMichael
07-31-2006, 01:58 PM
BTW, here's Scam Shield's report list for California.

http://www.scamshield.com/Sighting.asp?country=none&state=California&article=1

Elite Audio is one of the names currently making the rounds on the white van circuit, along with soundalike brands like Kirsch, DiVinci, Theater Research, Theater Logic, and Digital Research. Other names that I used to see a lot included Dogg Digital, Dahlton, Dynalab, Denmark, Acoustic Image, Acoustic Monitor, and Acoustic Response.

Clever white vans.

nightflier
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Not sure if they're still around though because their website's been taken down.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to keep a website up from the back of a van...

On a serious note, most of these outfits get their inventory from the far east and here in North OC, that's kind of like a Mecca for small electronics importers.

Of course, if you're a furniture store and just need some cheap electronics to put on the shelves w/o resorting to the infamous "props" brand, then this is the place....

Worf101
08-01-2006, 05:56 AM
...Mailboxes-R-Us or some such maildrop...

Last time we had one of these I called it spam...same MO...first time poster...linked to a sales spot...lousy English (poster and website)...and so on, and so on and shoobie-doobie-oobie...

jimHJJ(...garbage of the highest order?...)

You get 5 bonus points for the obscure Sly and the Family Stone lyric reference. Bravo.

Da Worfster :yesnod:

Resident Loser
08-01-2006, 06:20 AM
You get 5 bonus points for the obscure Sly and the Family Stone lyric reference. Bravo.

Da Worfster :yesnod:

...someone is familiar (or old) enough to have gotten it...I've got ties older than some of these folks...

jimHJJ(...I'm so glad, I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad...)

MikeyBC
08-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Hmmm i like the company's motto..."good looking from any angle" I guess they dont care how they sound? just how they look? Junk can be good looking nowadays.

Worf101
08-03-2006, 05:30 AM
there is an ad for a very similar set of speakers that pops up sometimes on the ad sidebar to the right!

And the guys in those ads look like fugitives from a perverts convention.

Da Worfster

Worf101
08-03-2006, 05:32 AM
...someone is familiar (or old) enough to have gotten it...I've got ties older than some of these folks...

jimHJJ(...I'm so glad, I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad...)

Give the man some cream with his coffee.

Da Worfster

Resident Loser
08-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Give the man some cream with his coffee.

Da Worfster

...I'll head on down to the baker and score some ginger cookies to go with it...

jimHJJ(...ba-da-rump...)

Florian
08-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Hmmm i like the company's motto..."good looking from any angle" I guess they dont care how they sound? just how they look? Junk can be good looking nowadays.

They stole that slogan from B&W :ciappa:

MOntanaguy
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
A salesman showed me the advertisment in a stereophile magazine. The advertisment showed the speakers as 2100$. I beleived the magazine and just figured the items might have been stolen, or the guy really did have unmarked inventory. I bought them hoping to resell them, only find there are plenty of other listings for much cheaper then the 400$ I paid.
Generic website title, listed site does not work (eaeliteaudio.com) Nice speakers to look at, but the interior craftsmanship is poor and the specs do not meet minimum expectations.
I drive a green Chevy Pickup with Montana license plates while stationed in Florida. I stuck out enough for the sales guy to pick me out. I asked for his outfit and he gave me Audio Visual Innovations. The business checks out, very legit. They sell installation service for audio entertainment systems for commercial industry, however not the product itself.
Between the magazine ad and a real business, seemed much more legit then most.
White Van Scandal

markw
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
A salesman showed me the advertisment in a stereophile magazine. The advertisment showed the speakers as 2100$. I beleived the magazine and just figured the items might have been stolen, or the guy really did have unmarked inventory. I bought them hoping to resell them, only find there are plenty of other listings for much cheaper then the 400$ I paid.
Generic website title, listed site does not work (eaeliteaudio.com) Nice speakers to look at, but the interior craftsmanship is poor and the specs do not meet minimum expectations.
I drive a green Chevy Pickup with Montana license plates while stationed in Florida. I stuck out enough for the sales guy to pick me out. I asked for his outfit and he gave me Audio Visual Innovations. The business checks out, very legit. They sell installation service for audio entertainment systems for commercial industry, however not the product itself.
Between the magazine ad and a real business, seemed much more legit then most.
White Van ScandalThat's a hard way to learn about white van speakers, but don't feel too bad. Unless you hang out at sites like this (and others), most people haven't a clue about this stuff and are easy prey.

but, if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.