Memory card for Sony SXRD television. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Memory card for Sony SXRD television.

BKSinAZ
07-28-2006, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if I must buy a "SONY" memory card or if I can buy from any dealer.
It says it uses a Memory Stick Duo, but I never heard of that type of card.
I heard of cards such as Compact Flash and SD, but never a Memory Stick Duo.
Memory Stick Duo is probabaly Sony's proprietary name.

Whay 'Type' of card is the Memory Stick Duo if I can purchase from another dealer?
Whats the difference between PRO and DUO?

ToddL
07-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Sony tries to keep it so that you need a Sony card - "Memory stick". The difference between pro and duo is that they switched the size on the sticks for their cameras duo will fit both the old and new, and now a high speed version also. I have seen knock-offs but they have been few and far between. The prices on these sticks have gotten pretty reasonable. Your problem is going to be if you plan to use this for a slideshow of your digital camera pics, you are going to need a Sony camera.

The good ol Sony proprietary trap.

BKSinAZ
07-29-2006, 01:15 AM
Your answer is unclear.
Can I buy a different brand 'Memory Stick' like from a company called Sandisk?
Let me simplfy my question, Is a Memory Stick a Memory Stick no matter who makes it?
Or is Sony's memory stick different in some way that makes it the only one that will fit into the Sony SXRD television? I don't plan on using it in a camera, just my television. Pictures will be place an Memory Stick via my computer.

Sony tries to keep it so that you need a Sony card - "Memory stick". The difference between pro and duo is that they switched the size on the sticks for their cameras duo will fit both the old and new, and now a high speed version also. I have seen knock-offs but they have been few and far between. The prices on these sticks have gotten pretty reasonable. Your problem is going to be if you plan to use this for a slideshow of your digital camera pics, you are going to need a Sony camera.

The good ol Sony proprietary trap.

ToddL
07-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Memory Stick is the format not the technology. If Sandisk makes memory stick than you can use it if is compatable with duo which it should list on the packaging.