The Trews in concert [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Trews in concert

ForeverAutumn
02-01-2004, 04:41 PM
A couple of weeks ago I posted about a new band called The Trews. The best way to describe this band is Indie-Pop. They're Canadian boys from Nova Scotia who have recently taken up residence in Niagara Falls, Ontario (it's a lot cheaper to live there than in Toronto). I've been reading a lot about them and ventured into a CD store to listen to their CD on a listening station. After the first minute of the first five songs, I knew that I had to buy this disk.

Well, I saw them live last night at The Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto. They rocked! These guys sounded just as good live as they did on their disk. Their vocals were great. They were tight. The bass player looked a bit like he was on another planet, but he never missed a cue. There were 3 guitar solos. The first one was excellent and really showed off the speed and skill of the lead guitar player. The second was okay. The third was during a cover of Whole Lotta Love and sounded like they were skinning a cat. Two drum solos from a mediocre drummer were a bit much. But otherwise, they were fantastic.

They played for about an hour and a half and covered all of the songs on their CD. A few originals that didn't make it onto the disk and a few new songs. They ended with a couple of Zepplin covers. The crowd loved them.

If you get the chance to hear these boys play, take it. Whether you buy the CD or go see them live, these kids can rock and roll.

My only disappointment of the night was to see that their CD was selling for $15 at the show and I paid $22 bucks for it at the CD store. Boy did I feel ripped off!!!