New music purchases, to me anyway [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New music purchases, to me anyway

3-LockBox
07-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Just bought these today and should get them in soon.

Peter Erskine-Motion Poet
Elaine Elias-Cross Currents
Bill Bruford-If Summer Had Its Ghosts
Walter Becker-11 Tracks Of Whack
Sting-Dream Of The Blue Turtles

I needed to bolster my jazz collection. I'm familiar with all these albums but haven't ever owned them, except for Sting on tape a long long time ago. Yeah, pedestrian jazz, but good jazz.

ForeverAutumn
07-28-2006, 05:37 AM
Just bought these today and should get them in soon.

Peter Erskine-Motion Poet
Elaine Elias-Cross Currents
Bill Bruford-If Summer Had Its Ghosts
Walter Becker-11 Tracks Of Whack
Sting-Dream Of The Blue Turtles

I needed to bolster my jazz collection. I'm familiar with all these albums but haven't ever owned them, except for Sting on tape a long long time ago. Yeah, pedestrian jazz, but good jazz.

I always liked Dream of the Blue Turtles. I lost interest in Sting's music after that. Haven't listened to it in years though. Maybe I'll spin it today to see if it still holds its charm.

3-LockBox
07-28-2006, 10:25 AM
I always liked Dream of the Blue Turtles. I lost interest in Sting's music after that. Haven't listened to it in years though. Maybe I'll spin it today to see if it still holds its charm.

I liked it OK, but like most people, I wanted The Police. His next album, Nothing Like The Sun, is his most overtly jazz album. I have that on CD. But I lost interest in him after that.

Its bad enough Sting started to look like Dr Smith from Lost in Space as he got older, he kinda acts like Dr Smith too.

superpanavision70mm
07-28-2006, 08:06 PM
DREAM OF THE BLUE TURTLES was issued by MoFi back in the day and that CD is still highly sought after....I was always a fan of "Russians". I'm still holding onto my copy of the gold disc, which is up there with one of the better ones, but doesn't come close to Don Henley's BUILDING THE PERFECT BEAST.

3-LockBox
07-28-2006, 09:11 PM
DREAM OF THE BLUE TURTLES was issued by MoFi back in the day and that CD is still highly sought after....I was always a fan of "Russians". I'm still holding onto my copy of the gold disc, which is up there with one of the better ones, but doesn't come close to Don Henley's BUILDING THE PERFECT BEAST.

I keep hoping there'll be a reissue of Building The Perfect Beast on CD. I have a first run copy and its just shrill as hell. I heard tales of the MoFi remastering of this album. Wished I hadn't passed on it so many years ago. BTPB is one of my all time favorite albums, by anyone.

I do have a MOFi copy of Steve Winwood's Back In The High Life, but it wasn't much better than the first run. I found that to be true of a few MOFi reissues.