What happened to Tarja??!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tarja??!!

Mr Peabody
07-25-2006, 08:20 PM
I was on the Nightwish website for a moment and noticed they were looking for a female singer to take Tarja's place. I don't have time to research it right now and thought some one might already know, and if you didn't know, give you the news. I certainly hope she will be popping up singing again with someone. I thought I saw she done some vocals on either Sirenia or The Sins of Thy Beloved album. People appear on albums all the time, so I won't think anything of it until we find the truth.

I feel for Nightwish and the one trying to fill Tarja's shoes. There seem to be several beautiful front women with beautiful voices in this genre but Tarja is the benchmark.

Whatever you want to call this genre that Nightwish and Tristania do, I sure like it.

Dusty Chalk
07-25-2006, 08:37 PM
She got fired from the band. It was really ugly, with them going back and forth in public, rather than discussing it personally. I mean, I understand needing to fire someone, but it must really suck to read about it, rather than hear about it directly from one's bandmates.

Here (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=43248) is an open letter from the keyboardist to her, the one that pretty much ended it all.

I don't remember the name of the magazine, but I was in Tower the other night reading about "End of an Era" -- their final DVD together -- in a metal magazine and they discuss it a little bit, too. She seems to be "over it", other than to say something to the effect of, "don't believe everything you read and hear".

Mr Peabody
07-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the link. That website allows some wild comments.

If what Tomas wrote is true, I can certainly see the bands point. I didn't realize Tarja had any solo material. Of course, this story is several months old and I'm just learning about too :) It's a shame, I'd like to see some of the Norwegian bands break in the U.S.