Question about BBE 342 Sonic Maximizer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question about BBE 342 Sonic Maximizer

sleeper_red
02-01-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm buying a Yamaha RX-V 1400 this week. My question is, can I still use my sound processor when listening to stereo? If I can, where do I plug it in? I have a Sony DVD player for listening to CD's. Thanks.

Dot
03-05-2004, 03:08 AM
I'm buying a Yamaha RX-V 1400 this week. My question is, can I still use my sound processor when listening to stereo? If I can, where do I plug it in? I have a Sony DVD player for listening to CD's. Thanks.

I'd really recommend you throw that BBE in the trash. And I'm not being a "snob". I've used BBE's and other similar types of boxes in recording studios. Definitely don't run the BBE across a stereo mix. The Sonic Maximizer will make everything sound like an 80's jingle.

But if you're bent on experiementing, you would insert the BBE between your CD player and amp. CD player to IN of BBE. BBE OUT to IN of amp.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-05-2004, 09:03 AM
I'd really recommend you throw that BBE in the trash. And I'm not being a "snob". I've used BBE's and other similar types of boxes in recording studios. Definitely don't run the BBE across a stereo mix. The Sonic Maximizer will make everything sound like an 80's jingle.

But if you're bent on experiementing, you would insert the BBE between your CD player and amp. CD player to IN of BBE. BBE OUT to IN of amp.

Dot, damn good advice. The box was never meant to be used on digital sources anyway. Its for dull analog recordings on vinyl and cassette.