Best Buy: there's hope yet [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy: there's hope yet

BinFrog
07-25-2006, 03:59 AM
I went into the Best Buy in Framingham, MA yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and lo and behold, what do I see? They've re-introduced the SACD/DVD-A section!

Keep your fingers crossed.

bobsticks
07-25-2006, 06:35 AM
I am fortunate enough that both BB's in my immediate area still have SACD/DVDA dedicated sections. Also, I found a copy of Calexico's Garden Ruin in a Best Buy which surprised me. Don't know why I thought I'd have a harder time finding this within walls of brick and mortar...

3-LockBox
07-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Let's see how long it lasts

Long, long time ago, Circuit City used to have an 'audiophile/collector' section with MoFi and DCC gold albums. I saw the Gerry Rafferty : City To City album on DCC Gold Disc, but I passed because I didn't want to spend $29.00 on it, since I already had a Japanese import of it. Gee, I wonder how much its worth now?

Stone
07-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I am fortunate enough that both BB's in my immediate area still have SACD/DVDA dedicated sections. ...

Mine too, but I can't remember the last time either had anything in the hi-rez formats that I was remotely interested in.

nobody
07-25-2006, 04:34 PM
kinda off the subject, but I grabbed the new Wolfmother a couple days ago at Best Buy.

If ya want some ball out rock with more than a little nod to Sabbath and Zepplin, you should grab this asap.

Woochifer
07-25-2006, 05:07 PM
That would be very good news. The Best Buy stores in my area recently merged their remaining SACD and DVD-A inventory into the bins with the regular CDs. Makes finding titles more of a pain than when everything was together in one spot. I've been doing more of my high res shopping at Fry's Electronics, which still keeps a separate section for SACD and DVD-A, and restocks the titles regularly.

BinFrog
07-27-2006, 03:38 AM
Just for the record, I bought three that day:

Dave Brubeck:
Time Out
Concord On A Summer Night

The Los Angeles Guitar Quartet
Spin