Guy walks into... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Guy walks into...

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 10:20 AM
...a forum...says use English please...Mr. Munster says "Why? We are the world you know, it's global now, you own nothing!...and besides nothing that was said was any different than what has already been said about HIM...and if HE had HIS way, we'd all be listening to hurdy-gurdies cuz nothin's happened for 75 years according to HIM...and HE is ignorant you know..."

So HE/HIM responded: People who speak in tongues in the presence of those who don't, are rude and insulting...so if you don't like the rules, don't let the forum door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...

HE/HIM continued, nearly apologetically: I spoke in tongues once, but I provided a Captain Marvel decoder ring to all near and far so they could be in on the great mystery...and the only reason I spoke in such a manner was to remove the last bastion of the weasel's refuge when he squeaked "I don't squeak the way you do"...as they all do when confronted with undeniable truths that they wish would disappear...HE/HIM then went on to explain the weasel words so that all would be revealed, leaving no one feeling slighted or unenlightened.

HE/HIM thought for a moment as if to conjure up HIS past words and began: The only thing really new under the sun was the audio tape recorder...those big black disks with their wiggles and squiggles are old and tired and are being put away...and those funny-looking lightbulbs are old too, even though some will still use them to heat their cheese sammiches...

HE/HIM quieted the crowd, now thrilled with the thought of a nice warmed cheese sammich, perhaps some crisps and spoke again: Mr. Munster, don't waste these hungry folks' time...allow me to invite you outside if you wish to continue in your ways, I will respond in kind...

And the cheese flowed throughout the land and a distinct crunch could be heard in some quarters.

jimHJJ(...the end...)

GMichael
07-21-2006, 10:35 AM
You must be a lot of fun at parties. It's like Shakespeare mixed with Gallagher and George Carlin.

ForeverAutumn
07-21-2006, 10:38 AM
I haven't had lunch yet. I suddenly have a craving for a grilled cheese sandwich...I hope we have ketchup.

kexodusc
07-21-2006, 11:07 AM
What in the blue hell is this thread about?

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 11:11 AM
What in the blue hell is this thread about?

...the aftermath of audiophile fuses...on sale now in another department...

jimHJJ(...it's long and involved...)

kexodusc
07-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Ahh...anyone selling a used copy of the Cliffs Notes version (Coles Notes for you Canadians from whom we stole them)???

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Ahh...anyone selling a used copy of the Cliffs Notes version (Coles Notes for you Canadians from whom we stole them)???

...you could pick it up after your Jaegermeister post...one of my posts got edited and this is the result...nice and warm and fuzzy, like a fairy-tale...

jimHJJ(...sorta' like Gullible's Travels...)

Geoffcin
07-21-2006, 11:32 AM

Grilled Munster cheese sandwich?

Answer;

It's what RL want's for dinner.

Geoffcin
07-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Grilled Munster cheese sandwich?

Answer;

It's what RL want's for dinner.

Ps. He's finally in the right diner.

GMichael
07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Can I get a slice of tomato on mine?

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Ps. He's finally in the right diner.

...remember, I didn't ask to see the menu, someone shoved it in my face...

jimHJJ(...and I'm not fond of that...)

trollgirl
07-21-2006, 03:12 PM
...and I'm sitting here trying to imagine a toaster oven heated by vacuum tubes. What do you think, pentode or triode? 300B or 2A3?? My choice would be a bank of slide projector lamps...

BTW, why is this thread in the Steel Cage??

Laz

JoeE SP9
07-22-2006, 05:35 AM
...a forum...says use English please...Mr. Munster says "Why? We are the world you know, it's global now, you own nothing!...and besides nothing that was said was any different than what has already been said about HIM...and if HE had HIS way, we'd all be listening to hurdy-gurdies cuz nothin's happened for 75 years according to HIM...and HE is ignorant you know..."

So HE/HIM responded: People who speak in tongues in the presence of those who don't, are rude and insulting...so if you don't like the rules, don't let the forum door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...

HE/HIM continued, nearly apologetically: I spoke in tongues once, but I provided a Captain Marvel decoder ring to all near and far so they could be in on the great mystery...and the only reason I spoke in such a manner was to remove the last bastion of the weasel's refuge when he squeaked "I don't squeak the way you do"...as they all do when confronted with undeniable truths that they wish would disappear...HE/HIM then went on to explain the weasel words so that all would be revealed, leaving no one feeling slighted or unenlightened.

HE/HIM thought for a moment as if to conjure up HIS past words and began: The only thing really new under the sun was the audio tape recorder...those big black disks with their wiggles and squiggles are old and tired and are being put away...and those funny-looking lightbulbs are old too, even though some will still use them to heat their cheese sammiches...

HE/HIM quieted the crowd, now thrilled with the thought of a nice warmed cheese sammich, perhaps some crisps and spoke again: Mr. Munster, don't waste these hungry folks' time...allow me to invite you outside if you wish to continue in your ways, I will respond in kind...

And the cheese flowed throughout the land and a distinct crunch could be heard in some quarters.

jimHJJ(...the end...)

Here in Philly we have a Steak/Hoagie shop that has generated some national news attention by posting a sign requiring patrons to order in English. Frankly, I don't have a problem with that. :ihih:

kexodusc
07-22-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm still waiting for the punch line to RL's joke...

Florian
07-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Do countryman besides english speaking people get this?

trollgirl
07-22-2006, 02:55 PM

No, we English speakers don't fully get this, either.

Laz

Resident Loser
07-24-2006, 08:44 AM
...BTW, why is this thread in the Steel Cage??

Laz

...you can never tell what some folks will take exception to 'round here...you can post something in a less illusory fashion and the next minute poof! it's gone...

Some members of the sound-bite generation don't quite get it...

jimHJJ(...tsk...)

Resident Loser
07-24-2006, 08:48 AM

...expect you to...you always meet or exceed my expectations in that regard...

jimHJJ(...got any fuses on ya?...)