Taylor Hicks? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Hicks?

Stone
07-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Can someone please explain how this guy is appealing, in any way?

I was "forced" to watch him this morning, and I just don't get it.

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 06:36 AM

...atypical looks, talent, showmanship, not sounding like cookie-cutter, droning product...

jimHJJ(...maybe that's it...)

Duds
07-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Why cant American Idol just go away? there's plenty of horrible music out already, we dont need shows like Idol, Rockstar Supernova, etc to find even more no talents.

Stone
07-21-2006, 07:40 AM
...atypical looks, talent, showmanship, not sounding like cookie-cutter, droning product...

jimHJJ(...maybe that's it...)

Well, his looks are atypical, I'll give you that. But, I still don't see how his looks are appealing. He has some talent and some showmanship, but not enough to interest me, especially when he's singing Stevie Wonder songs nowhere nearly as good as the original (maybe he doesn't sound like a cookie cutter, but maybe he should write some of his own songs or choose the ones he sings more carefully). I'm not a huge Stevie Wonder fan, but Hicks is embarassing himself trying to sing those songs. I just don't understand the fascination with this guy.

nobody
07-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Kinda creepy if you ask me with the grey hair and all, considering American Idol is pretty much geared to 12 year old girls as far as I can tell.

Semi-proficient covers of classic soul ain't exactly gonna win me over.

He'll be fine as long as he sticks to car commercials.

MasterCylinder
07-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Looks OK.

Sings quite well.

Appears to be a genuinely nice person.

Dances like Elaine Benes.

GMichael
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I've seen & heard worse. I can take him, but I'd never buy one of his CD's.

JohnMichael
07-21-2006, 01:28 PM
I think the lady he was up against was a much better singer. I do not get the attraction. I think doing a Ford commercial right off the block will kill any credibility.

GMichael
07-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I liked Chris the most.

Dusty Chalk
07-22-2006, 06:56 PM
I believe the correct answer is, "soul music for people who don't listen to soul music".

I would say "...for people who don't like soul music", but I think they really do. They just haven't heard it in a while, if ever.