Paradigm PDR10 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm PDR10

ssarm@mac.com
07-20-2006, 03:09 PM
My system is finally up and running like a champ. I was maybe going to purchase a subwoofer, but have decided to hold off for now. Until I saw that there is a PDR 10 on ebay right now, cheap, and most importantly - close to me. I can pick it up and save $45 on shipping, which would enable me to get the piece very cheap.

But would using a PDR10 be overkill for a bedroom?
I assume my amp would be able to support it no problem?

KaiWinters
07-20-2006, 07:24 PM
The PDR10 is a powered sub so as long as you have a sub output on your receiver you will be fine.
I have the PDR12 and love it.
What are they asking for the 10? That is important.
Most people that populate these forums prefer the SVS sub over the vast majority of subs out there.
Overkill depends on what you consider it to be.
If you listen to a lot of music in the bedroom and the Atoms are the primary speakers then the sub will be a great compliment for the Atoms output.

ssarm@mac.com
07-21-2006, 06:32 AM
How do you wire up a subwoofer? Do you need to use both line in/out connections? Because I run my computer into the line in. I was looking for a manual either for amp or for the woofer online, couldn't find it.

If the subwoofer uses both in/out, does that mean I would not be able to use it with my computer?

KaiWinters
07-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Generally the "subwoofer" RCA output connector on the receiver is the method to use for a powered sub. You can also use the speaker wire connectors as well if your receiver does not have a sub RCA connector.

I am not familiar with connecting it to a computer. Are you using a 5.1 type sound card?

audio_dude
07-21-2006, 02:06 PM
so this sub doesn't have line level inputs?