And The Joker Is...Heath Ledger? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : And The Joker Is...Heath Ledger?

Defshep
07-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Apparently that was the big rumour at Comic-con. According to www.movieweb.com, Ledger will star as the clown-faced villian in the "Batman Begins" sequel. I dunno...

Woochifer
07-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Interesting choice, if that's true. But, judging from how well Batman Begins worked, I'm willing to give Christopher Nolan the benefit of the doubt with his vision of the Batman series. Aside from the lightweight Katie Holmes (anyone really believe that she was a strong-willed crusading prosecutor?), I thought that all of the casting choices in Batman Begins were spot-on. I would never have thought of Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne or Gary Oldman as Inspector Gordon, but they totally took those roles and made the characters their own. Heath Ledger's a good actor and might turn out to be a very inspired choice as the Joker. Truthfully, I thought that Jack Nicholson's Joker was overdone and IMO overrated. The comic book and Batman cartoon series portrayals of Joker are a lot more menacing, and I can see Ledger bringing that element to the role.