The decision has fallen......... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The decision has fallen.........

Florian
07-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Dear Friends,

the past 3 days have been very stressfull mentally for me. And i am still in shock and overwhelmed with joy. Without talking and writing too much i will say this. "I have bought the Apogee Grand Speaker System". Funds are transfered and pickup is in the beginning of September.

This is Flo, signing off for the day to drink some beers..

-Florian

This is the designer of the Prototype Apogee Grand :-)

http://www.orner-stepp.com/CV/Grand2.jpg

Rick Vansloneker
07-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Congratulations!

superpanavision70mm
07-19-2006, 02:53 AM
I am confused....I thought that you bought the other speakers DALI....

Florian
07-19-2006, 03:06 AM
I am confused....I thought that you bought the other speakers DALI....

Yes, but this morning i got the acceptance of my offer for the Grand. So the Dali is History.

:-)

Worf101
07-19-2006, 04:29 AM
That's about as clear as mud. What happened to the Eggelstons? Is this how the typical German reacts to a world cup loss? It's bizarre I tells ya bizarre.

Da Worfster

PAT.P
07-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Flo Ok now relax ,take a deep breath and have a few.There goes your downpayment on a house.I know your still young but time flies at a blink of an eye:ihih: Congrat ! Pat.P:cornut:

audio amateur
07-19-2006, 06:01 AM
What the heck florian...?? You were all over them at the shop and now your getting the grand??? I am so disappointed:p what's wrong with you? so many issues await if you get the grand. I can't beleive it. And thinking that you couldn't believe the sound of those Dali Euphonea's??? They sounded incredible i'll say... God damn good, but we have to keep in mind they were coupled with 32 12'' drivers:p!!!!!! That sh.. was crazy. Anyway good luck with those 4 other power amps if you finaly do get the grand. I say those Lyngdorf's kicked major A$$! by the way, thank that guy again for me!!
I don't beleive you've made up your mind yet. Not you.
Good times we had these past days. I hope you made it back home alright.
PS: il try to get the organ tracks on friday.

Florian
07-19-2006, 07:26 AM
I understand this is confusing to some but i only bought the Mega Line because i possibly couldnt get the Grand. But i got the chance and i dont think a second about it, because in all honesty the Apogee Grand cannot be compared to the Dali Megaline.

BTW.....the Egglestons are comming too

GMichael
07-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Congrats Flo. I know that these are the ones that you really wanted the most. Happy dream-come-true day.

bobsticks
07-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey Flo,
O.K., Let me make sure I get this. The Apogee Grands are coming though they need to be refurbished. The Egglestons are coming to be used as a stop-gap until the Aps are functional. Is this correct?
Cheers and congrats(I think)

bubslewis
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Dear Friends,

the past 3 days have been very stressfull mentally for me. And i am still in shock and overwhelmed with joy. Without talking and writing too much i will say this. "I have bought the Apogee Grand Speaker System". Funds are transfered and pickup is in the beginning of September.

This is Flo, signing off for the day to drink some beers..

-Florian

This is the designer of the Prototype Apogee Grand :-)

http://www.orner-stepp.com/CV/Grand2.jpg

Are you going to put your Diva's up for sale? How about selling lottery tickets for them. You could make a mint. Put me down for 5 Euro's worth of tickets.

Bill

Florian
07-19-2006, 04:19 PM
To all: The Apogee Grand is in perfect working condition, perfect optical condition. I will become a dealer for Eggleston Works in Germany and also a different supplyer of electronics. It will be Exotic Audio Products only. :-)

The Dali is extremely good, but the Grand is in a leauge of its own.

-Flo :-)

PS: The DIVA sold to for 14000$ to a new happy owner.

audio_dude
07-21-2006, 02:02 PM
very sweet!

i knew you wouldn't get taken by those bad, bad box speakers ;) hehehe

now...to get back on the road to the same audio fantasy you are now living in!

Florian
07-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Hehe, well the Megaline is very good. Just nowhere close the Grand ;-) But then again, the Grand cost used almost the price of the Megaline new :)

JoeE SP9
07-22-2006, 05:08 AM
Congratulations Flo! I'll do my happy dance for you.:cornut:

Florian
07-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Congratulations Flo! I'll do my happy dance for you.:cornut:

Thanks Joe, the only problem is the shipping. Its over 2 tons....****ing hell man that is so awsome.... LOL :18:

basite
08-05-2006, 03:46 AM
did i miss something??? okay, it seems i did, congrats anyway. have fun with your new system.:)

and the band played on...:5: :16: :6:

KaiWinters
08-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Congrats Flo on an amazing system.
I still chuckle though to remember your fairly recent thread "claiming" your system was "complete". I also remember saying it is "never" comlete. You are now the official poster child of "I can make it better".
We all need to head over to his place once everything is in place and properly adjusted for a proper listening experience. Don't bother bringing the beer we can get it there.
Enjoy to the max.

Florian
08-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Haha....you are so right. Well but i never ever would have even thought that i could own the Grand. The DIVA/Fullrange/Studio Grand are to me the best systems avaliable for a mortal just like a Wilson X2 or a Martin Logan Statement. But to own the Grand is like winning the lottery 10 times in a row.

:6: