Weird/Cool Macromedia site [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Weird/Cool Macromedia site

Dusty Chalk
01-31-2004, 08:35 PM
Check this out: Musicplasma (http://www.musicplasma.com/). I like it.

I tried entering Pink Floyd, and got some strange results. Don't click on the one in the center (the "two") and don't click on "tribute", click on the one kind of hiding behind it, that should be saying just plain "Pink Floyd" (that is, if you're going to be entering Pink Floyd...if that doesn't interest you, then don't enter it at all). I'm not sure that list on the left does anything. I think it only works based on the last entry you typed.

You can pan by clicking on an empty space -- that will become your new center.

I would have thought that Yes and ELP would have been right next to each other.

Interesting, I typed "Rush", and I had to find the buble that actually said just plain "Rush". Then click on that. Dream Theater is nowhere to be found...Okay, that's just wrong. And vice versa -- entering "Dream Theater", and "Rush" is nowhere to be found.

Alright, so there's a few broken links, but other than that, pretty cool. I'll have to try some of these things out. Entering Skinny Puppy was very interesting, but I'm already into most of the people on that page/plane/bubblebath.

You IMH's will have to tell me if the indie stuff is credible. I tried entering SDRE, and didn't see Fire Theft...maybe it was hiding behind it or something...

tentoze
01-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Check this out: Musicplasma (http://www.musicplasma.com/). I like it.

I tried entering Pink Floyd, and got some strange results. Don't click on the one in the center (the "two") and don't click on "tribute", click on the one kind of hiding behind it, that should be saying just plain "Pink Floyd" (that is, if you're going to be entering Pink Floyd...if that doesn't interest you, then don't enter it at all). I'm not sure that list on the left does anything. I think it only works based on the last entry you typed.

You can pan by clicking on an empty space -- that will become your new center.

I would have thought that Yes and ELP would have been right next to each other.

Interesting, I typed "Rush", and I had to find the buble that actually said just plain "Rush". Then click on that. Dream Theater is nowhere to be found...Okay, that's just wrong. And vice versa -- entering "Dream Theater", and "Rush" is nowhere to be found.

Alright, so there's a few broken links, but other than that, pretty cool. I'll have to try some of these things out. Entering Skinny Puppy was very interesting, but I'm already into most of the people on that page/plane/bubblebath.

You IMH's will have to tell me if the indie stuff is credible. I tried entering SDRE, and didn't see Fire Theft...maybe it was hiding behind it or something...
About 4 or 5 years ago, a friend sent me a URL for a French site that was being developed by some Flash wizards- an early development version of this database was on it- blew me away; so it's cool to see the finished thing- a lot more colorful, and the beta I remember didn't link to audio tracks like the finished one does. It's very neat to play aroound with. I still ain't entirely clear how the relationships are actually decided, cuz I went from Decemberists to Neutral Milk Hotel to Something else along those lines and ended up showing a whole bunch of pretty disparate artists, like Guy Clark in the center of one set somehow linked to Peter Gabriel and Springsteen off to the side.............still pretty amazing work going on here.

-Jar-
02-01-2004, 04:17 AM
I didn't like it at first when I read about it on head-fi, but I like it now.. pretty addictive.

It's eerie though, it seems to be linked to my brain, because it keeps picking all the songs I've used on my comps.. it's like, when you're listening to your 5 disc changer on random and you think of a song and it comes on next. It's like the damn thing is reading your mind.

-jar