Quick Help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Help

ssarm@mac.com
07-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I finally have my whole system together, including all the necessary cables. I'm not sure how to get the speakers burnin' though. Right now, I have my computer hooked up to my pre-amp through signal processor IN, and I'm able to hear it through the headphone jack.

But I can't seem to get the speakers running. On my pre-amp, I can connect to the power-amp through either signal processor OUT, main out LAB, or main out NORM. But I tried all three, and can't seem to get a signal.

the connectors i'm using for the speakers are monster cable quick snap or whatever, the ones with the long skinny connector. They don't seem to go "all the way in" the speaker and amp outlets, it seems as if you get them in nice and firm, and then you roll out the little piece on the outlet to make it hold nice. Is that right, or did I not connect them right?

Thanks for your help, so close to finally getting this stuff together.

ssarm@mac.com
07-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Is it possible that I am over-driving the speakers? Are my speakers incompadible with my amp?

Adcom 545
Paradgim atoms

jrhymeammo
07-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Have you checked the fuse on your amp? Your 545 II has plenty of power to drive Atoms. try using bare wire from amp to your speakers first if you are worried about faulty connection.
Do you have your Poweramp plugged in to the back of your pre-amp? If you do, you should get sound but I woudnt recommend it.

paul_pci
07-15-2006, 09:43 PM
If you're talking about bannana plugs, then the terminals, on both the speaker side and the amp side, need to be tightened first by turning the round terminal clockwise. Then plug in the bannana plugs. If that doesn't work, then I too would suggest connecting with bare wire, if you can get the bannana plugs off easily. Also, you may wish to check for any speaker selector or whatever you switch on the amp that may not be properly selected, etc. Then double check the connection between amp and preamp, and I guess the preamp is getting the computer's signal as you can hear it through the headphones.