jm labs cobalt 816s [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : jm labs cobalt 816s

musicman1999
07-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Just have to share,my new Cobalt 816s have arrived,and are sitting on the floor waiting to be unpacked and set up.Good times ahead.Gotta go.

bill

bobsticks
07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
...ain't life grand?New toys!!! Congrats and be sure to report back yer findings.

Cheers

Feanor
07-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Just have to share,my new Cobalt 816s have arrived,and are sitting on the floor waiting to be unpacked and set up.Good times ahead.Gotta go.

bill

Enjoy. For a "box" speaker, JM Labs would be high on my list for consideration.

... SEND PICTURES !!! :cornut:

bobsticks
07-18-2006, 06:20 AM
O>K> You can't just drop in like that and not report back, bill. How are they?

musicman1999
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry guys,been a busy weekend and did not have much time to play,until last night that is.The 816s's replaced a set of 806s's which are now pulling surround duty.Got a chance to listen last night to a wide range of music,from b.t.o.,Allamn Brothers.Warren Haynes,Elvis Costello and Allen Toussant,and Patricia Barber.First impressions are very favorable as expected,better soundstage,balance and extension and oh the midrange.This is my second complete setup of JM Labs speakers,so i am a fan and i know it takes a couple of months for them to sound their best.These are the best speakers that i have heard in their price range.I have yet to do a proper set up yet,just put them where the 806s's were,so later this week i will try some different positions but think where they are is pretty good.
Also gave them a dvd (Pirates of the Caribbean)and i can tell you that a Cobalt home theater set up is top notch sound,strong and clear.
Any way thats it for now,I will report back later as things move along,and maybe some pictures too.

thanks
bill