The first box speaker that will embrace the halls of musical bliss! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The first box speaker that will embrace the halls of musical bliss!

Florian
07-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Dear Music friends,

i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. A box speaker snug its way into my listening room and will stay for a while longer. Not to replace the mighty Apogee DIVA Reference but it will stay to be shown and to be enjoyed. I have heard this system at a friends house incl. its larger sibblings and it is the first and only speaker system that i feel is wonderfull enough to be enjoyed by my picky ears :)

The speakers are from Eggleston Works in the USA and the Model is the Rosa. Its a cute speaker, standing 37"in tall and comming in at 210lbs per speaker. The sides of the Speaker are made from Granite and has a Transmission loaded midrange. Overall a very dynamic, quick and accurate speaker.

The impedance is similar to the Apogees, and it varies very little over the entire range. I think i will try some Reußezahn *German Tube amplifiers with these next and maybe a Jadis Orchestra. The new Michell Gryose Turn Table will be here soon also.

Next steps might also incl. Nordost Flatline cable. Any thoughts on those would be highly appreciated!

More details and pictures later ;-)

http://www.apogeeclub.de/rosa.jpg
(picture by Eggleston Works . Com)

JohnMichael
07-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I have never heard that speaker but I have read some incredible reviews. Let us know what you think of them. Florian with boxes, have I entered a parallel universe?

GMichael
07-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Am I on the right site? Where am I? What is my purpose in life? What's going on here?

Florian
07-14-2006, 12:02 PM
I have never heard that speaker but I have read some incredible reviews. Let us know what you think of them. Florian with boxes, have I entered a parallel universe?

Yes the reviews are incredible, but it is even more incredible in person. I have heard very many speakers over the years and this is the first model that i felt has a justification in the audio world. Its quite room friendly too, which is a big plus for those who cannot place a speaker as large as the Apogee DIVA.

Cheers

Flo

Florian
07-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Am I on the right site? Where am I? What is my purpose in life? What's going on here?

I guess you are, but where am I?
Your in the middle of a sunny day!
Your purpose is to enjoy life with all the pleasures it offers to you.
I dont know the answere to the last one...

bobsticks
07-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I too have read some reviews highly praising these. Went so far as to look at a pair on A-gon--I guess now I know why shipping was so expensive. 210 lbs? They better be room friendly. Constant tweaking/moving would get old quickly.
Speaking of moving around, any progress on new living arrangements?

Cheers to granite...
M

JoeE SP9
07-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Say it ain't so Flo!:ihih:

Florian
07-14-2006, 12:22 PM
I too have read some reviews highly praising these. Went so far as to look at a pair on A-gon--I guess now I know why shipping was so expensive. 210 lbs? They better be room friendly. Constant tweaking/moving would get old quickly.
Speaking of moving around, any progress on new living arrangements?

Cheers to granite...
M

Yes, they are quite heavy. Not as heavy as my DIVA (close to 300lbs with stands) but still heavy enough to be a pain. I will place them on a moveable like like the Diva. Since the DIVA will remain in the system obviously i will build the room in a way that i can switch between system. My living arangements are still the same, but with a positive look in the future. Since Israel started a war again, and the US plays hardball with Iran and Russia wants to get back to the might, we have a large increase in energy prices here which makes moving out a bit harder. But overall i am still planning it around the end of the year.

I am the first owner of these speakers in German as it seems like, so the used market is not exactly thick. At close to 10000$ a pair they are very pricey, but also play in the Wislon leauge and sound spectacular so far. If they turn out to be all i expect them to be, then i am contemplating of picking them up in my small Studio. Will see what the future holds, but so far the Audio future looks quite good.

Enjoy the music

.Flo

Florian
07-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Say it ain't so Flo!:ihih:

Hehe, well not as my primary listening system. The DIVA will remain my one and only musical bliss. The Eggleston do represent a wonderfull presentation of music esp. in rooms where the DIVA is simply too large. Besides, there is nothing wrong with having more then one women :ihih:

These speakers are something different then my large main speakers and represent music in a similar, yet different way. I can enjoy both, which i have to admit is a first for me.

-Cheers

Flo

Woochifer
07-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Bob Ludwig of Gateway Mastering uses Eggleston Works speakers in his primary two-channel and multichannel monitoring setups. Ludwig is one of the top mastering engineers in the business, and as well as he handles digital formats, his vinyl cutting skills IMO are about as good as anybody's.

BTW, the cabling he uses in his studio comes from Transparent Audio.

Florian
07-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Bob Ludwig of Gateway Mastering uses Eggleston Works speakers in his primary two-channel and multichannel monitoring setups. Ludwig is one of the top mastering engineers in the business, and his vinyl cutting skills IMO are about as good as anybody's.

Thanks for the info. I love Accuracy and this is the first box speaker that gives me a similar feeling then the Apogee*s in terms of speed, accuracy and resolution. Its not like the Apogee, but like the Apogees it has no downfalls to my ears.

-Flo

topspeed
07-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Well it finally happened...

Lemme check the floor *reaches down and puts hand on ground*

Yep. It's cold.

Hell finally froze over! :D

Flo,

Eggleston brough in Albert Von Schweikert to redesign the crossover and tweak the Andra II, a speaker many consider to be one of the best in the world. If you like the Eggleston sound, I have a feeling you'd like the Von Schweikert sound, another transmission line speaker. Unfortunately, they are probably pretty hard to find in Europe still.

audio_dude
07-14-2006, 03:24 PM
ba...da..gah.......duhhhh.......

......*looks of into space with a meaningless expressing on face*

i...i.....YAY!!!!

Florian
07-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Flo,

Eggleston brough in Albert Von Schweikert to redesign the crossover and tweak the Andra II, a speaker many consider to be one of the best in the world. If you like the Eggleston sound, I have a feeling you'd like the Von Schweikert sound, another transmission line speaker. Unfortunately, they are probably pretty hard to find in Europe still.

I know VS, since i auditioned some before buying my old Magnepan 3.6 ;-) The choice was between the AndraII and the Rosa, and both my friend and I (who has the Rosa, AndraII and Savoy) feel the AndraII to be unbalanced. Exellent speaker but not really Eggies best. But to each there own ;-) I will listen to the Savoy in the future, who knows it might be a contender for the DIVA. But then again, its 40K :idea:

bjornb17
07-14-2006, 08:36 PM
I am off of the site for a couple of months and this is what happens??? :confused5:

Florian
07-14-2006, 08:39 PM
I am off of the site for a couple of months and this is what happens??? :confused5:

Maybe to clarify for our members. This new speaker does NOT replace my Apogee DIVA Reference. It is not in the same playing field, but it is very good!

:6:

superpanavision70mm
07-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Flo...

Glad to hear that you are broadening your horizons a tad. Just out of curiosity...how big is the room that has your DIVA's and is that the room where you are putting those boxes?

Florian
07-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Flo...

Glad to hear that you are broadening your horizons a tad. Just out of curiosity...how big is the room that has your DIVA's and is that the room where you are putting those boxes?

My Horizons are quite big ;-) But it took a 10 Thousand Dollar speaker to find something good from a box ;-) And that is the size, as well as the sound. The room is very small for the DIVA, the DIVA needs at least 160 square feet to sound the way it should. I currently have very little 65 square feet. The DIVA is an entire different animal than this box, and is playing with the 60 Thousand Dollar Eggie.

I was a dealer for VMPS speakers, which where the absolute worst speakers i ever had the displeasure of owning. I heard many designs from Wilson, Kharma, VS (2 models) etc.. and this is the first box that i can find something good enough about it to own it. So i will most likely buy it, and have it as a secondary primary system.

I will buy two 120watt tube monoblocks soon amongst some other things, and once i move out i might open a shop dedicated to high quality hifi. Its like a little plan ;-)

drseid
07-15-2006, 03:07 AM
I know VS, since i auditioned some before buying my old Magnepan 3.6 ;-)

Congrats on the new acquisition. I have never heard the Eggleston speakers, but have always wanted to. Now I will need to really seek them out at next year's CES. Pretty good value (at least on paper) for $10K/pr IMO.

As an aside... Do you remember which models from VS you auditioned by any chance? I realize it was quite a while ago...

I only ask because VS models really start to take off and sound quite different with their upper-end models. I like the entire line except the VR-4SR ($10K/pr.), but I felt the line really was taken to a new level with the (now just discontinued) 12K/pr. DB99 mkIIs, and of course their top tier models the VR-9 and VR-11 (the latter is my favorite speaker at any price). They also have a new model just released called the VR-5SE that run $20K/pr. The 5s are certainly pricey to be sure, but sound very nice and have the same general presentation of their big brothers in a smaller package.

In any case, sorry for the VS rant, none of them may be your cup of tea... Just mentioning the models do change considerably at the higher end of the line so if you heard a VR-4JR or SR... etc, you may not have heard the line at its absolute best (IMO).

---Dave

Florian
07-15-2006, 03:33 AM
Congrats on the new acquisition. I have never heard the Eggleston speakers, but have always wanted to. Now I will need to really seek them out at next year's CES. Pretty good value (at least on paper) for $10K/pr IMO.

Yes, and if you visit Germany let me know before so that we can enjoy good music and beer. So far we have The Apogee DIVA Reference, Apogee DIVA Caliper Signature and the Eggleston Works Rosa here amongst some other toys. So its quite a bit of fun and very musical!

[/quote]

As an aside... Do you remember which models from VS you auditioned by any chance? I realize it was quite a while ago...

I am sorry but i do not remember, if i had to guess then it would be something like a 5 or so.

I only ask because VS models really start to take off and sound quite different with their upper-end models. I like the entire line except the VR-4SR ($10K/pr.), but I felt the line really was taken to a new level with the (now just discontinued) 12K/pr. DB99 mkIIs, and of course their top tier models the VR-9 and VR-11 (the latter is my favorite speaker at any price). They also have a new model just released called the VR-5SE that run $20K/pr. The 5s are certainly pricey to be sure, but sound very nice and have the same general presentation of their big brothers in a smaller package.

I am sure the top models are very nice and have their fans, as with all top speakers. Unfortunatly i have been subjected to the world elite (which i am sure the 9 and 11 are too) and in this range a lot of things depend on taste and presentation, My absolut top dog fav. are the Apogee DIVA, Fullrange, Grand, Scintilla and Studio Grand. Eggleston Works Ivy and Savoy, Martin Logan Statement E2 (old one), Magnepan MG20.1 (on the bottom ranking but VERY good), Dali Megaline, Kharma Exc., Sonus Faber Amati Homage (in a small room with Einstein OTL) and some others that i dont remember now.

In any case, sorry for the VS rant, none of them may be your cup of tea... Just mentioning the models do change considerably at the higher end of the line so if you heard a VR-4JR or SR... etc, you may not have heard the line at its absolute best (IMO).

---Dave]

No problem, i am glad you mentioned it. I am very citical and there are only a few systems i like but in the top end range it is mostly about personal taste since the price becomes irrelevant. If you can buy a VR11 you could buy a Wilson X2, so its personal taste instead of the price ;-)

Florian
07-15-2006, 03:40 AM
My one dream speaker i would like to hear, and havent done so is the Goldmund Apologue

basite
07-15-2006, 04:43 AM
nice speakers, happy listening

GMichael
07-15-2006, 05:27 AM
My one dream speaker i would like to hear, and havent done so is the Goldmund Apologue

Who are you, and what have you done with Flo?

Florian
07-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Who are you, and what have you done with Flo?

Hehe, well the Goldmund is so freakingly expensive and rare that even I, a guy with a fantasy and dedication to match almost gives up on it. If you ever find one at a price that i can sell my soul for, let me know!

Here is a pic of it

http://www.goldmund.com/oldsite/old/apog.gif

basite
07-15-2006, 06:16 AM
Hehe, well the Goldmund is so freakingly expensive and rare that even I, a guy with a fantasy and dedication to match almost gives up on it. If you ever find one at a price that i can sell my soul for, let me know!

Here is a pic of it

can you define 'freakingly expensive'? The goldmunds sound good i guess, but i don't want them in my living room, they're not really my style.

Florian
07-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Well these systems are not for "style". They are not build to be sweet, or to be run by a tiny integrated. They are build to be the best of the world, build to be run by power plants, fields of decoders, power filters in huge rooms. Build to bring live music in your room! I have seen a pair of their subwoofers sell for 26000$ used !!! Just the freaking subwoofer!

My friend has a Goldmund CD36 and its out of this world, blows my digital front end to pieces. Makes it sound like a 30$ Toshiba DVD Player!. LOL.....I love Goldmund and those speakers make me drool. There ya all go, i admitted it....Haha...but i still drool over Apogees, esp. the Grand :cornut:

Florian
07-15-2006, 06:34 AM
can you define 'freakingly expensive'? The goldmunds sound good i guess, but i don't want them in my living room, they're not really my style.

You know when i was younger and a beginner in this hobby, with my big Onkyo 989 and THX speakers i once heard a Magnepan 3.6 and said to myself that this is amazing, but i dont need one. They are too big and i can never afford one. And i said, that my small Maggies where more then enough for me. Now that i am levels above that speaker i look at systems that are build for people that are not like me. Those people have real financial buying power! They have huge rooms, a building dedicated and build for music. They can buy the matching 80000$ amplifiers, have a company build the room acoustics.

And i am not even close to that, not even close! My last visitor who has visited me said that he considers my system to be amongst the best in the world. And it is damn good, but its nothing absolutly nothing agains the ultimate audio products! My speakers are up there, but man my electronics SUCK compared to whats possible. EMM Labs, Lamm 1.1 Reference, MF Kilo Watt Monoblocks, Jadis JA500, Tube Research GT400 Monoblocks, Wadia Power DAC and the list goes on......compared to those i am nothing!

And trust me, saying that they are not your "style" is because you havent heard something like this yet. I know this, because i was the EXACT same way. But once you hear it, you will pop a woody and drool on the floor....LOL....I know i did....well the drooling ;-)

teledynepost
07-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Doesn't equipment actually used for live performances cost far less than this? Do recording studios use equipment this expensive? How can spending 80,000 be of any benefit over spending 10,000. It's all in your head man, you're ridiculous.

Florian
07-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Doesn't equipment actually used for live performances cost far less than this? Do recording studios use equipment this expensive? How can spending 80,000 be of any benefit over spending 10,000. It's all in your head man, you're ridiculous.

That what i said too.......until i heard a system like that. The money doesnt matter, its all in the execution. Maybe a company build a better amp and it just cost more? I never said price=performance-----

-Flo

JoeE SP9
07-15-2006, 08:51 AM
I heard a set of Apogee Grand's driven by half a dozen Krell amps. After hearing something like that I'll never ask "what price performance". It made my system sound like a starter set!:ihih:

Florian
07-15-2006, 08:54 AM
I heard a set of Apogee Grand's driven by half a dozen Krell amps. After hearing something like that I'll never ask "what price performance". It made my system sound like a starter set!:ihih:

And you will not believe what i bought 3 hrs ago!

teledynepost
07-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Hehe, okay I was just kidding a bit.

JoeE SP9
07-15-2006, 09:42 AM

If you will adopt me I promise not to make a mess on the floor.:ihih:

JoeE SP9
07-15-2006, 09:43 AM

I want pictures ASAP!!!!:ihih:

Florian
07-15-2006, 10:24 AM
I want pictures ASAP!!!!:ihih:

I will pick them up in the end of August. But to give you a hint, they look like this.

http://www.calvadoshof.com/Audio/KRELL/Dago20.JPG

Feanor
07-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I will pick them up in the end of August. But to give you a hint, they look like this.

Holy cr@p !!! :eek:

JoeE SP9
07-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Way to go!!!!!:yesnod:

GMichael
07-15-2006, 02:15 PM

Congrats Flo. I know you've been wanting those for a while now. Are you getting them from that same guy?

superpanavision70mm
07-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Flo,

Do you have and endless surplus of disposable income or something?

PAT.P
07-15-2006, 02:57 PM

http://www.calvadoshof.com/Audio/KRELL/Dago20.JPGSo your getting them! Are they going to fit in the house ?Make sure you double the joist under the floor:ihih: I would'nt advice you on picking them up might hurt your back:cornut:

GMichael
07-15-2006, 05:08 PM
So your getting them! Are they going to fit in the house ?Make sure you double the joist under the floor:ihih: I would'nt advice you on picking them up might hurt your back:cornut:

Yeah yeah, put them there. :idea: No.... that's not right. Move them back 3 inches each. :idea: OK, that was wrong. Move them back. Try 3 inches forward. :idea: Hm.... Maybe another inch. Flo? Flo? Speak to me Flo. Are you OK? Get off the floor. You'll get all dirty. Flo?

Florian
07-15-2006, 07:23 PM
What can i say, i have been trying to close to half a year now to get them. I found a buyer for the DIVA in London who has build a dedicated audio room just for the DIVA. So i am taking the plunge on this mother of planar speakers. Its the end, the holy grail, the statement. It was 85000$ when released and i lucked in a good deal. So gone is the DIVA. I will drive to London, to set them up for the customer and then go towards the advanture to move 1200lbs of over 7ft tall speakers.

Its a dream come true, no its not a dream. Its ****ing insane, thats what it is. 25 pairs in the world! And a 23 yeard old guy in German has them. I cant tell you all how honored i am and how i simply dont get it.

Here are some quotes from the guys who heard them

Mr. Corey Greenberg wrote about it in Stereophile vol. 14 no. 8, page 87

"The Best Sound at the Show: a group of one I've saved the best for last. Because while there were several really fine-sounding rooms at the Chicago CES, one speaker stood out so far away from the rest of the pack that it redefined my expectations of what can be achieved in the art of sound reproduction. I've heard great-sounding systems and I've heard GREAT-sounding systems, but I've never heard anything even 'remotely' as good as the demonstration of the new $60,000 Apogee Grand speaker system. Not even close. Driven by a Krell digital front end and preamp, the longest runs of Magnan wire I've ever seen, and $40,000 worth of Krell amplification, the big Grands, which combine a three-way ribbon with a dynamic subwoofer, were simply awe-inspiring. With effortless dynamics, unequalled coherence throughout the midrange, bass definition heretofore unheard by me anywhere outside of live music, highs as free of coloration as the real thing, the Grand demonstration was, for me, the highest expression of music reproduction I've yet heard. I know all of this sounds like typical over-the-top reviewer gush, but I'm not alone; the Grand reduced a room full of the cream of high-end reviewing crop, men who've seen it all and heard it thrice, to a gaggle of wildly jabbering geese. To expect a chance to review these speakers is to be hallucinating like a mofo, but I can assure you that when Stereophile gets a pair of the Grands to review, I'm packing a sack full of pork ribs, slapping on my leathers, and pointing my motorcycle toward the Mexican border".

Mr Robert Harley from the same issue of Stereophile (page 99):

"Now that we're finished with new digital products, I'd like to briefly list what I thought was good sound at the show. I'll start with the Apogee Grand loudspeaker. The Grand is, in my opinion, a stunning breakthrough in loudspeaker design. Even in a less than optimum listening position, the beauty and majesty of this remarkable loudspeaker were unmistakable. Driven by eight Krell MDA-300s, Krell MD-1 transport, and Krell SBP-64x, the Grand produced the best recorded sound I've ever experienced. It was transcendental - the kind of sound you'd mortgage your house for. I'd love to hear it with a topnotch analog front end. The sobering fact, however, is that the Grand coss between $45,000 and $60,000, depending on finish, and requires a fairly large room. I hope that the technological breakthrough that made the Grand possible will find their way into a smaller and less expensive product - I'll be in the first line.
Bravo, Apogee!"

PAT.P
07-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Flo Congrat now that your dream came to life! Guess you'll not moving out yet:ihih:

Florian
07-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Flo Congrat now that your dream came to life! Guess you'll not moving out yet:ihih:

Thanks Pat,

i have to move out. The speaker is physically larger the my room ceeiling :)
The speaker needs hundreds of square feet and i will look for a barn to rent. Then rebuild the whole thing for the Grand.

:-)

PS: I paid half the money already, so i hope this will all work out. I am afraid of the transport since i will need 5 or more people to move it. I will have to store it, since it wont fit throught the door or window.

-Flo

PAT.P
07-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks Pat,

i have to move out. The speaker is physically larger the my room ceeiling :)
The speaker needs hundreds of square feet and i will look for a barn to rent. Then rebuild the whole thing for the Grand.

:-)

PS: I paid half the money already, so i hope this will all work out. I am afraid of the transport since i will need 5 or more people to move it. I will have to store it, since it wont fit throught the door or window.

-FloThats what I need also a barn:ihih: Im making room for a drum set for my son and some of the audio stuff in basement as go.My neighbor wants to sell in the next year and she as a Heritage home with a barn on a 250ft x 66ft lot in the city.My spouse wants the house and I want the barn.But the house would cost at least 500,000 + and another 100,000 to bring back in shape .I need to win the Lottery:ihih:

JoeE SP9
07-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I wonder if the thread title is going to be the name of your barn? ie: The Hall Of Musical Bliss. Me, I'm modest.:ihih: I call my house Savants Respite.:cool:

PAT.P
07-16-2006, 09:43 AM
I wonder if the thread title is going to be the name of your barn? ie: The Hall Of Musical Bliss. Me, I'm modest.:ihih: I call my house Savants Respite.:cool:If I get a barn I'll call it "The Audio Barn" my house I call it "Chez Moi":16:

Florian
07-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry i am late guys, but i got back from work and i am tired as hell. I sleep pretty bad, since this is very nerve wrecking experience.

-Flo

PAT.P
07-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Sorry i am late guys, but i got back from work and i am tired as hell. I sleep pretty bad, since this is very nerve wrecking experience.

-FloJust dont get to stress out and get axiety attack ,life to short:ihih:

Florian
07-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Just dont get to stress out and get axiety attack ,life to short:ihih:

Yes, i am trying :-) Its quite tough...i think i will return to normal in August...

PAT.P
07-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Yes, i am trying :-) Its quite tough...i think i will return to normal in August...Best thing is try to look for movers ( with muscle)with a flat rate.Try to look for storage near your place until you get your Barn or Flat .Sit down and smell the coffee or have a beer.

Florian
07-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, thats the idea so far since they dont fit through the door or window. Time to apply for a second job to pay the powerbill. The thing needs 8 power amps :idea:

superpanavision70mm
07-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Flo, what do you do as a primary profession?

PAT.P
07-17-2006, 04:13 AM
Yeah, thats the idea so far since they dont fit through the door or window. Time to apply for a second job to pay the powerbill. The thing needs 8 power amps :idea:Flo that's what I do work 2 place (off at one for 8 weeks in summer but no pay) and spouse works also fulltime.We have 2 house (one is rented to my daughter) and trying to pay them as fast as we can while were young.:idea: Maybe you should charge a fee to go in listen to these when their set-up.Hydro is on the rise and becoming a problem in Canada .The drum-set wont take any power:ihih:

JoeE SP9
07-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Uh, Flo. You do know that I have nine foot ceilings. Hint Hint:ihih:

GMichael
07-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Uh, Flo. You do know that I have nine foot ceilings. Hint Hint:ihih:

Ditto, also put in trussing to hold extra weight.

Florian
07-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Well i have to admit, things came differently then i had expected. This Apogee Grand has problem, like a buzzing bass ribbon (repair is close to 4000$), the electronic crossover has a small problem with the display. Amongst the possible problem of the Krell amps, i have decided differently.

My idea was either Acoustat Spectra 6600 or the Dali Megaline. I have decided on the Dali Megaline! If i find a good Grand again, it will not be a problem to buy one since the ML retails at 40K, so reselling it and buying one is not a problem.

Here is a pic ;-)
http://www.apogeeclub.de/dali.jpg
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue15/rm1/P1010025.jpg

JoeE SP9
07-17-2006, 01:24 PM
At least you did consider my speakers larger brother!!!!:ihih: I am touched. I would have strengthened my floor I promise. Sorry that you got your hopes up only to be let down. You'll get another chance and maybe next time it will be the time. I've never heard the Dali Megaline's. What about the differing dispersion patterns between ribbons and cones?:cool:

SlumpBuster
07-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I was gonna sit this one out, but I can't resist sneeking is a tease. :D

Actually, I have to say this upgrade shows alot of growth Flo. I love your tag "Too lazy to argue." I assume that is directed at all the haters? It seems like your opening up to alot of new ideas, i.e. tubes, vinyl, and now "hot glue" speakers. :D I know you love Appogee, and I know there is still a big hobbiest community that supports them, but you have to admit that getting customer support from an active company and nice shiny new speakers has to be pretty cool. Sometime retail isn't for suckers. :D

When do you take delivery?
What is the first piece of music you will listen to on the MLs when you get them in your own listening room?

Florian
07-17-2006, 02:53 PM
ML'?

Actually the Grand is still in the run. I hate and love this day. So tomorrow a def. answere will fall. Grand or Dali Megaline. Its a tough choice, but one that fate will decide.....

-Flo

Worf101
07-18-2006, 06:02 AM

Here is a pic of it

EXTERMINATE!!!!! EXTERMINATE!!!!!

sorry, couldn't resist... or I forgot RISISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!

Da Worfster

bobsticks
07-18-2006, 06:21 AM
we're waiting. What's it going to be?

Dusty Chalk
07-25-2006, 03:16 PM
EXTERMINATE!!!!! ANNIHILATE!!!!! DESTROY!!!!I think is what you meant.
Do recording studios use equipment this expensive?Steve Hoffman uses some pretty expensive equipment. And he's considered a god amongst mastering engineers.
I will buy two 120watt tube monoblocks soon amongst some other things...Just curious -- I realize this is a moot point at this point, but I'm curious which ones you were considering? I looked up "Reußezahn" on Google, but only found your post. I need a powerful amp, and tubed would be nice...

I like Dali. Have you ever heard Nearfield Pipedreams? I haven't heard the Megaline, and wonder how they compare.

Please do tell if/when you decide/finalize your purchase/empty your shopping cart.

And don't stress. Blood rushing in the ears raises the noise floor.

Florian
07-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Please do tell if/when you decide/finalize your purchase/empty your shopping cart.

Actually i did finish my purchase :ihih:
I have bought one of the 25 Apogee Grand pairs in existance. I will pick them up early September.

Cheers

Flo