help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : help

arewethereyet66
07-14-2006, 12:18 AM
i have a marantz reciever model 4320 and i can only plug my speakers in to 2 inputs because the other ones dont work, any ideas on how to fix it. has new fuse in it. if u know how to fix it please email me at Billydavis_02@hotmail.com
thanks

markw
07-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Also, read your manual. You have an A/B speaker selector mechanism there. Learn how to use it.

Resident Loser
07-14-2006, 05:36 AM
i have a marantz reciever model 4320 and i can only plug my speakers in to 2 inputs because the other ones dont work, any ideas on how to fix it. has new fuse in it. if u know how to fix it please email me at Billydavis_02@hotmail.com
thanks

...you do have the speaker selector set so that both indicators are lit...perhaps someone inadvertently changed it.

As per the owners manual:

SPEAKERS (system A or B) button

Press this button to select speaker system(s) to use. Each time this
button is pressed, the selected speaker(s) is changed as, only A is on
only B is on both A and B are on both A and B are off. The
corresponding indicator(s) of the active speaker system(s) light up.
If headphones are connected, both A and B are set off automatically.

Also apropos (and again from the owners manual):

CAUTION
• Be sure to use speakers with the specified impedance shown on
the rear panel of this unit.
• To prevent damage to circuitry, do not let
the bare speaker wires touch each other
and do not let them touch any metal part
of this unit.
• Do not touch the speaker terminals when
the power is on. It may cause electric
shocks.
• Do not connect more than one speaker cable to one speaker
terminal. Doing so may damage this unit.
Note:
Be sure to connect the positive and negative cables for the speaker
properly. If they are miss-connected, signal phase will be reversed
and the sound quality will be corrupted.

Unless the wiring or loudspeakers you have tried are defective (slim chance for that) any other problem should be referred to qualified service personnel.

BTW, you mentioned a fuse...none of the graphics or documentation I've run across shows a user-replaceable fuse, tell me you didn't open it up...The troubleshooting section mentions a reset button or the ol' unplug it/plug it back in routine...you really should limit yourself to those options...since the unit has a 3yr. warranty (you don't say how old it is), you may have voided that feature simply by opening it and most likely that non-OEM fuse will be found by the servicing tech making it a lock...

Hint: generally speaking, one set of non-working speaker outputs (not inputs BTW) isn't the result of an open fuse...

jimHJJ(...good luck...)

markw
07-15-2006, 12:13 PM
To my line of thinking, when one requests a response via email, I strongly doubt he'll even bother to check back for answers.

Resident Loser
07-17-2006, 04:50 AM
To my line of thinking, when one requests a response via email, I strongly doubt he'll even bother to check back for answers.

...Yep, you're probably right...but I don't do e-mails or weekends and barely do PMs...I am of the opinion that if you ask a question here that you respond to, or at least ackowledge, it here...I mean I barely do here, but one tries doncha' know...and if it's far too much trouble to re-vist where the question was posed and sit on your laurels expecting an individualized response, well...that strikes me as a quite typical mindset.

jimHJJ(...I'll be willing to take a guess that we were both correct in our assessment...)