HTD-Home Theater Direct speakers. Thoughts? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HTD-Home Theater Direct speakers. Thoughts?

twwesn
01-31-2004, 04:45 PM
I've read some reviews on these speakers (mainly the level 3) and all have sounded pretty good. I actually called the customer service # to ask some questions about a multi-room amplifier they have listed on their website and talked with a representative for over 30 minutes just asking questions, he was very helpful and courteous. As far as the quality of their speakers he said that they would compare in quality to that of the Paradigm Monitor series speakers. Do any of you have any experiences with these or any of their speakers? I am also considering purchasing their in-ceiling speakers for my whole house sound system because at $140/pair they seem like a good value.

Bryan
02-02-2004, 06:19 AM
What is your budget for speakers and a sub?

Worf101
02-02-2004, 07:13 AM
They're good to average low-fi, mid-fi factory direct speaker packages. They're more user friendly and accessible than say Bose for a fraction of the money. Relatively well made asian speakers. I almost went with them early on in my audio odessy however they were out of product at the time and I refused to wait. You could do worse... you could do better...

Da Worfster

twwesn
02-02-2004, 09:26 AM
I was hoping to stay in the sub $1000 range. I have another post where I am contemplating the 5.1 satellite systems. I've also been looking at the M & K K series speakers (probably the K7's with the K4 surrounds). I guess what I'm asking is for my budget, what would be the best system IYO. Keep in mind my wife would like the speakers mounted on the walls or on shelves.

Bryan
02-03-2004, 06:19 AM
HTDs are alright though you could do better. Given your situation and rereading the other thread, your best overall solution is to go with something like the HSU Ventriloquist/VTF-2 package ($660) and either an Onkyo TX-SR501 ($250 delivered from CC) or Yamaha HTR-5640 ($250 delivered from Best Buy).